Tracking software

• bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question for you guys who uses tracking software on MTTs. Does it really worth buying? Do you improve your game significantly? And question for the admins, when will Elephant work with MTTs and SNGs since it has been a while?
      I am asking this cause the varience hasn't been on my side for the last few months and even though i try to play my best it has been a obstacle getting in the big money in the MTTs. It is really frustrating to play for 5 hours and bust few tables before the final! I haven't used any software for the MTTs and i was doing good but right now i am willing to take any edge in my game. The advices will be deeply appreciated! :)
  • 8 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I dont' use them.

a) too lazy to buy it
      b) I would only use it to check my wins losses, but I can find it also here.
      c) you need heck of a database, because players change, you change tables and what more players change their style throughout the tourney (I guess you need filter for almost every blind level)
      d) you can monitor the table yourself and mostly (at the beginning of tourneys) you play TAG style anyway

But if you have moniez and time you can try them. If you know how to use it it will improve your game I guess, but you can do good without them.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah I do, if you multi table than its a must, you can just set stats for one blind level to see how tight they play or alternatively you can let it for the whole tourney and see their Check/raise/ C/bet etc tendencies
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by timukasr
      I dont' use them.

a) too lazy to buy it
      b) I would only use it to check my wins losses, but I can find it also here.
      c) you need heck of a database, because players change, you change tables and what more players change their style throughout the tourney (I guess you need filter for almost every blind level)
      d) you can monitor the table yourself and mostly (at the beginning of tourneys) you play TAG style anyway

But if you have moniez and time you can try them. If you know how to use it it will improve your game I guess, but you can do good without them.
      Well I use http://www.officialpokerrankings.com too. :D Actually this is the only source i use..i check the players around me and it gives me basic idea what kind of player i am against(especially in bigger MTTs).
      But the problem is i usually multitable and this is where it gets harder to make notes and reads on villians. I have tried trial version of HEM but the 15th days weren't enough to make a general conclusion.

P.S. I will buy a software only if i am totally sure it will increase my ROI(I am kind of cheap i guess) :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      official poker rankings works while 1 tabling, I'm trying PT3 and it works fine if I open 6+ tourneys.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      you can use Real time poker HUD for free .. it is realy gr8 guh ... probably same as you can find in PT3

if you want to invest little more to buy some tracking software i definetly advise you to buy Holdem Manager. It can support SNG and MTT righ now (newest version) and it is still developing so you can expecting realy good new fuctions...

HEM HUD is simple best on market ..fastest...stabile...easy to use ..

dont wait for elephant coz elephant HUD SUX REALY BIG TIME ...

try first real time hud ... and if you like it ... buy HEM ... i think you can bought it with your poker income ... 50-80$ is like 2-4 hours of playing

money back guarante i promise :s_love:
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      btw but you must it use smart ... because wrong use of stats -ROI ... good use +ROI
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      btw but you must it use smart ... because wrong use of stats -ROI ... good use +ROI
      I have tried HEM few months ago when i was playing more cash. When i use it on the MTTs i didn't like that HUD stats are all over the place and have to arrange them every time on every table...it was frustrating and time consuming. Maybe i will try the trial PT3 and prob buy one of them. Too bad i have to study for my exams, ohh i am getting so lazy these days.

P.S. Do you have any stats on me on these SNGs? :)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bah22
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      I have tried HEM few months ago when i was playing more cash. When i use it on the MTTs i didn't like that HUD stats are all over the place and have to arrange them every time on every table...it was frustrating and time consuming. Maybe i will try the trial PT3 and prob buy one of them. Too bad i have to study for my exams, ohh i am getting so lazy these days.

P.S. Do you have any stats on me on these SNGs? :)
      You must have used an older version. Now, you can set up the HUD how you want and then it remembers it for next time.

Personally, I always thought tourney stats would be a waste of time, due to the reasons bah22 mentioned, but after using HEM with tourneys, I have to say it's definately worth it. You need to understand that it's only a tendancy you are measuring, it's nothing near as accurate as you get with cash games, but at least you can get a general idea about what sort of players you are up against.