Calling long term SSS Players!!

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I would just like you to tell me (if you don't mind of course :D ) the following...

Hands Played:
      VP$IP:
      PFR:

I am just thinking mine are way to low.... But would like a few "longer term" players to post thiers please. :)

In return I'll um, do something extremely unspecified.... :P
  • 16 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I play like 10/9.5. This is probalby almost 100k hands.

But I'm not sure about the question
      if you mean hands played at all the number is a lot bigger...

Best,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      of course if you play something like NL20, it probably best to play no more of 7/7, better 6.5/6 or something

My numbers are so high, because I still a lot and play some hands more in MP and EP.
    • Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt31/Alex147Eddie/?action=view&current=stats.jpg

40K hands
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      With Basic SSS your vpip/pfr should be about 6/6 to 8/8.

If you start limping behind with pocket pairs/suited connectors then it depends on the tables, and how often your opponents limp in front of you. On NL10 and NL20/25 my stats were about 8/6.5 over 100k hands, but on NL50 and NL100 you will find that players simply dont open limp, so your vpip/pfr will go back to 6/6 - 8/8. If you steal say 25 - 30% of the time (dont do this on lower limits) they will be about 8/8 - 9/9.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the replies, I feel a bit better about mine now, I was thinking it should be higher, and mine are still slightly low.

But I haven't really got the art of stealing when short stacked yet and I've not been limping with my PP's. However, I am working on stealing, it's just trying to get the right balance of tables with my HUD. Without my HUD I generally play anywhere from 12 - 20 tables depending on my mood (usually 16) So what I might do is cut back to 8 and get used to stealing.

Over 20k hands my stats are 6/6 at NL10. I just thought it seemed really low, but feel a bit better now.

Also, are the swings of 10 - 20 buyins normal? As this is my average swing, but also I am rarely over the break even even line or long. But when I look back I've played dead to the strategy... Am I just having a bit of an unlucky streak here?

At the start yeah I made a few mistakes that come to around 10 - 12 Buyins, but now I have the beginners strategy completely memorized and I am still only just in profit for 20k hands.. As in literally just 0.11 BB/100.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      yes those are normal swings and dont complain about 20k hands and having too low profit some ppl have 20k downswings in -$ :D so better have in + then in -
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StusMagic
      yes those are normal swings and dont complain about 20k hands and having too low profit some ppl have 20k downswings in -$ :D so better have in + then in -
      I'm not really complaining, as before I found this site $50 would of either lasted me 2 months or 2 hours, depending on my luck... I am just trying to make sure that this is all normal.

I like the SSS but I am not sure if it will be a long term commitment or not yet. So I want to ask as many questions about it as I can :P
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      whats vsip and pfr
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      See here....
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Originally posted by StusMagic
      I'm not really complaining, as before I found this site $50 would of either lasted me 2 months or 2 hours, depending on my luck... I am just trying to make sure that this is all normal.

I like the SSS but I am not sure if it will be a long term commitment or not yet. So I want to ask as many questions about it as I can :P
      sry that my answer about your 20k breakeven hands looked like im attacking you i just wanted to let you know its normal thing and everyone had/has it just play and it will be gone soon ;)
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I won't put in my stats as it would be totally irrelevant here. on the last platform I joined, I played so far about 80 K hands and it went like a roller coaster at the beginnings.
      not to mention I had partially lost my database and my stats would look smth like 9 bbs/100 hands over 25K hands due loosing data about my 65 BIs down period and all that went before that.
      vp$ip/AF aren't accurate as I had some short 'escapes' when I made full stacks rebuys because of good positions over atm guys that won a small stack from me or even played SH for a session or two because of the lack of FR tables at weird hours

oh and my thoughts about your stats...if you managed to play 25K hands and are on +$$ with the short stack strategy, it means you play somehow solidly and should be able to improve your winrate only with making minor adjustments to your game and reviewing the hands you're pessimistic about. so in conclusion, you could be good at it, but may not have a hot run yet ;)
    • PokemasterTT
      PokemasterTT
      Bronze
      Hands Played:5828
      VP$IP:7.16
      PFR:6.83
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      50k hands
      VPIP: 60
      PFR: 30