This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20SH, set in a tricky spot

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xczHzcTFxcDBxcTExMTGwIjNwsDCx80%3d

Sorry, this is from cake poker, but please take a look at it, it's well worth it! Please try to ignore his hand till after the analysis, I really dunno how else to post these hands.

We'r both 150BB+ deep and the guy reraised me but he was OOP postflop. I made my set, and he showed aggression, not unlike standard CB. I figured he would never fold if he held the Ac or Kc and if he possibly made a pair that would make it all the harder for him. So I made a decision to give him a huge raise on the flop so that I could shove any turn.

My question, is this +EV play? I figured raising has to be +EV, since the other guy has at best 8 flush outs and possibly 2 of his made pair and 3 outs for either his Ahigh or Khigh flush. If he has 2 pair it's even worse, but we'r WB against a higher set and made flush but there's still a few outs for the hero there. Should the raise on the flop be bigger?
  • 2 replies