Should I make another deposit ?

• jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      Ok, I made $50 deposit on pokerstars and right now I have just $8 left .. I've been playing only SnG's(18/45 man) I've won a few of them but lost a lot :D

I completed ICM trainer at like 95% + I've read almost all strategys for SnG's :( in early stages I play only with really good cards such as AA KK QQ AK KK ... but looks like someone always hit batter cards ;( I think I didn't ever win with AK when I went allIN.

At start I played ~15tables but then I switched back to 4 tables ... Honestly I don't know what am doing wrong ... I've even watched all possible videos for SnG :(

At my limit ( ~1.75 ) some crazy guys call ALLin's with cards like Q4 or K2 ... it's insane lol.

Anyone have the same problems :D ?
  • 7 replies
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      how long have you been playing for? Turn a profit on one or two tables at a time befor getting too crazy with the multi tables. Also I like to be a bit looser in the early stages to build a chip stack and survive some beats/flips. Try seeing CHEAP flops with any pairs and some suited connectors in possistion. Even hands like J10 in possition can turn out nicely. Dont be scared to try some steals early on too especially if you are the chip leader.

So no dont make another deposit use your $8 and play some $1 9 person tables (one or two at a time) until you get some experience. Work on identifying the loose/fishey players and the tight nits.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bkbart
      how long have you been playing for? Turn a profit on one or two tables at a time befor getting too crazy with the multi tables. Also I like to be a bit looser in the early stages to build a chip stack and survive some beats/flips. Try seeing CHEAP flops with any pairs and some suited connectors in possistion. Even hands like J10 in possition can turn out nicely. Dont be scared to try some steals early on too especially if you are the chip leader.

So no dont make another deposit use your $8 and play some $1 9 person tables (one or two at a time) until you get some experience. Work on identifying the loose/fishey players and the tight nits.
      I agree with this except you shouldn't be making steals early stage when you have a big stack, theres no need to risk any of ur stack at this stage of the sng with marginal hands.

And yeh, stick to 9 mans for now, the variance is too big in the multi table sng's n u need at least 100 buyins to play these.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      How much have you been buying-in for?
    • jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      $1-$2 ( mostly 18man SnG for $1.75 ).

Am trying to rebuild my bankroll now with DoN's
    • pegasuswang
      pegasuswang
      Bronze
      You might lose all your money even you get AA every hand. Think about your position and how many opponents in the table. I think you should play $0.10 or $0.25 games now.
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      Why are you playing on more than one table? Play on one table and win, not on more tables and loose at all of them. I dont play at more than one table at once, i've tried once and it gave me a headache. When you play on more than one table poker looses its "thing" . Its becoming a job not a fun game.
      Play on one table, buddy, enjoy the game, play by the book, analyze the other players, win the table! GOOD LUCK :D

Edited by vhallee: Please do not post links to other poker-related sites as it goes against our Board Rules. Thank you.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      45 men MTT's can be quite swingy, I think u need atleast 50+ buyins for that?
      with just $8 theres a high chance you will go busto even if you start playing ok, and with a deposit you can start working on the deposit bonus. so deposit if you dont mind
      definitely stick to 1-2 tables until you're more confident and can see profit. in my opinion, stick to 9 men too, they're easier and have less variance