Sickest Hand Ever

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I dont understand some players:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed)

CO ($4.33)
      Hero (Button) ($11.48)
      SB ($4.95)
      BB ($6.15)
      UTG ($5.11)
      MP ($4.48)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, A
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero bets $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) 6, J, 2 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.57) 2 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.50

River: ($2.07) 7 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $10.48 (All-In), CO calls $3.33 (All-In)

Total pot: $8.73 | Rake: $0.40

Results:
      Hero had 10, A (flush, Ace high).
      CO had 6, 2 (full house, twos over sixes).
      Outcome: CO won $8.33
  • 34 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      - nl5 player limp/calls any 2 suited cards and outdraws you after you give him a free card. bet/calls turn and checks river ... standard bad play.

what's so sick?
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      its not that sick, you slowplayed a hand which is not strong enough to slowplay. Anyone with trips has about a 35% chance of making quads/fullhouse and you are giving them free cards, occasionally you are going to get yourself sucked out. It just feels worse when they have cards they shouldnt have.
    • trisminkim
      trisminkim
      Bronze
      why sick?
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      Hey, this hand wasn't so sick. I can show you sick hand: ( 5 dollar rebuy tournament on pokerstars)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t1203)
      CO (t1250)
      Button (t12680)
      SB (t2110)
      BB (t5395)
      UTG (t4070)
      UTG+1 (t3460)
      Hero (MP1) (t2850)

Hero's M: 38.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t200, 2 folds, Button calls t200, 2 folds

Flop: (t475) 5:club: , 4:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets t350, Button raises to t4350, Hero calls t2300 (All-In)

Turn: (t5775) T:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t5775) 3:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t5775

Results:
      Button had 3:club: , T:heart: (two pair, tens and threes).
      Hero had J:diamond: , J:heart: (one pair, Jacks).
      Outcome: Button won t5775
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I had an even sicker one, but was lost when my database imploded. Nevermind, I can give you a commentary

I spent 3 hours reaching the bubble of a $5k GTD MTT, and had a very healthy stack - I shoved it in against the chipleader with QQ, he called (misclick) and turned over 53o. Flop came A24.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      you slowplayed a hand which is not strong enough to slowplay.

Surely flopping the nut flush has to be at least a candidate for slowplay?

If you're always worrying about being outdrawn it's hard to ever get any value. I agree that you have to be worried about the fh once the board pairs, but to be honest I don't see myself ever laying this hand down. There are just too many other worse hands that villain could hold at this level.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

If you're always worrying about being outdrawn it's hard to ever get any value. I agree that you have to be worried about the fh once the board pairs, but to be honest I don't see myself ever laying this hand down. There are just too many other worse hands that villain could hold at this level.
      Nuts flush = bet bet bet

There is no other way to get value. Villain does not believe that you have flush and will call flop. Might fold turn but thats up to your bet size.

River line????
      Bet less.. betsizing gets value, all in on that spot achieves nothing.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i think your line is sick. check flop with nuts, tiny raise when board pairs, the overbet shove river :D
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Are you guys fucking retarded? I raise preflop on the button with ATs and this dickhead who was giving me shit all night cold calls with 62s i mean wtf? I flop the absolute nuts with a nut flush. How the hell am i supposed to know he flopped two pair has fullhouse potential? As if i would bet aggresively on the flop and scare away my oppenant after i holding a monster because i would rather value than scaring off. So i tried to trap him on the flop. 4th street hits and the board pairs which is a bad card for a flush. Again, since i bet on the flop and he cold called me, it would be hard to assume he is holding j6, j2, 62, 22. Worst case scenario he was holding JJ, but the guy was a fish, from memory he had a VPIP of 81 and some other ugly stats. The river came a 7 so the odds of him holding 72 are very unlikely since everyone knows its the worst starting hand but these are only assumptions. Anyway me pushing all in on the river wasnt probably the best play in hindsight but because you guys werent at the table and dont know the history, this guy was a major fish who i was exploiting earlier so i wanted some easy money. What is so sick about this hand is that i raised preflop, he cold called me with abosolute junk, i flop the nuts, and he magically catches a 6 outer and kills me. So for all you jerks in this thread who dont rate this hand as sick, or think you could have avoided this after flopping a nut flush against an absolute donk please dont kid yourself. It is very easy to criticise someone elses hand that you have no first hand knowledge of. And it is very easy to pretend you are invincable against these ridicoulous situations. Maybe if i lose with quads you tilt junkies might be a bit more impressed. i'll keep you guys posted...
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze

I totally agree Tim, i think these 'poker professors' are being a bit harsch.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      checking sometimes gives you less value than value betting.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I guess your definition of sick depends on your perspective.

Calling your raise with 62s...yea sick

But he played the hand perfectly after the flop and beat you.

You gave him a free card, but I really don't think that would have mattered here, he would have called any bet I think.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by STR82ACE
      I guess your definition of sick depends on your perspective.

Calling your raise with 62s...yea sick

But he played the hand perfectly after the flop and beat you.

You gave him a free card, but I really don't think that would have mattered here, he would have called any bet I think.
      Thats what makes the hand so sick, the fact he played 62, and that even if i did bet on the flop, he would have called anyway cause hes a donk and then he just got lucky on the turn and made a fullhouse. So basically me playing the hand differently wouldnt have made a difference. Had i gone all in on the flop he woulda called and well, we all know what happens next.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Ok ya, calling your raise with 62, bad. But he had top 2 and it very likely you wouldnt have the flush. Believe me he would go with 2 pair, its just unlucky he rivered the ubernutz :P

Oh and enable bb code in your signature ^^ joronamo

Under options ;)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo

I totally agree Tim, i think these 'poker professors' are being a bit harsch.
      No we're not.

You have to bet. Slowplaying on your limit is pointless with such hands. Your just going to miss value. A fish won't put you on the flush, btw his slowplay is even worse then yours if it makes you feel any better.

This is not about him beating your hand etc. that doesn't matter. Its about you missing out on value.

Actually slowplaying this hand gives it away....
      If your playing against anyone with a brain and you check flop, then check raise turn or so he will fold like lightning and even if he calls then, your pot is still small. Whats your river line then? Overshove? that will make him fold.

Look to be unreadable with a nuts flush you play it exactly the same way you would play TPTK or standard c-bet etc.
      Slowplaying obvious hands like these gives them away.

Even if you would have won that hand it would still be bad play and on higher limits it won't work at all. You would just have a tiny pot when the river comes and thats about it.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      I undestand you 101%. Idiot, lets call him that way, calls NL10 early possision, i raise 5x BB, that dude goes all in. Handhistory is in ather computer but looks something like that. My hand AA, donks 4,6 and the flop surprise surprise 2,4,6. Like all in with 4,6?! And that kind of idiots just dont fold, bet/call on the flop, is not important, they play if they hit atleast one pair. Usualy you presume, that he has at least something, 2,6 is nothing but slowplay is pointless against that kind of players, raise to get value. This is particularly annoying when they get lukcy but in long-term you are winner and you find that idiots are still the best players who can sit on your table.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I also think that this is a bad spot to slowplay. Its not because you have to protect against your flush but its to get VALUE!!!! Checking behind means the pot will not build and its harder to get the money in on later streets. And ofcourse if the board pairs you can be in trouble but most PP that have hit sets, or 2 pairs will raise you to try and find out whether you have the flush, probs even call you down...

Anyway good luck and best wishes

-Jack
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Thats what makes the hand so sick, the fact he played 62, and that even if i did bet on the flop, he would have called anyway cause hes a donk and then he just got lucky on the turn and made a fullhouse. So basically me playing the hand differently wouldnt have made a difference. Had i gone all in on the flop he woulda called and well, we all know what happens next.
      Havent read all the posts but I'm pretty sure I agree with them that you played it bad, I can tell you're a beginner so prepare yourself for plenty of other beats like this, next time get ur money in while you're ahead! If you get bad beat then at least you played it right and will be profitable in the long run. Its not about "well if I bet they woulda called anyway and hit their full house"! Most of the time they wont hit their full house, n you will win a nice pot off the fish by betting your strong hands.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      so a 86 vpip fish sees a flop with suited junk? OMG that's so sick!!! That has never happened before. this is definetly the sickest hand ever.

[/sarcasm]