This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help: How to analyze a session?

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Can someone tell me a step-by-step way to analyze a session?

The way I do it is I review the daily hands in the Elephant, see the ones where I win and lose. I check to see if I played according to strategy. If I am unsure about a hand I post it in the forum for a coach opinion.

Is this the optimal way to do it?
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mishkagg,

My own personal way of reviewing a session is exactly the same as yours.

I go back over all the previous hands, both where i won the most and also lost the most, and then replay them all in a hand replayer. If i find any where i have made an error in the play i will note it down on a piece of paper as a reminder and any unsure hands i will post in the forum.

If i found a particular area that i am constantly seeing errors with, i will go back and read and re-read any articles concerning that area.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Actually it does help a bit. The hand replayer part - do you use the hand replayed on the poker strategy site or do you have some other way to do it? Can the Elephant do it? Or some other application?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mishkagg,

I personally use the Universal Replayer. I export all the hands from my tracker and import them into the replayer and go over them with a fine tooth comb.

I stop the player at each flop, turn and river card and ask myself what would the optimal play be and see if i made it or not. It has certainly helped to find some leaks in my game.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve