Help: How to analyze a session?

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Can someone tell me a step-by-step way to analyze a session?

The way I do it is I review the daily hands in the Elephant, see the ones where I win and lose. I check to see if I played according to strategy. If I am unsure about a hand I post it in the forum for a coach opinion.

Is this the optimal way to do it?
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mishkagg,

My own personal way of reviewing a session is exactly the same as yours.

I go back over all the previous hands, both where i won the most and also lost the most, and then replay them all in a hand replayer. If i find any where i have made an error in the play i will note it down on a piece of paper as a reminder and any unsure hands i will post in the forum.

If i found a particular area that i am constantly seeing errors with, i will go back and read and re-read any articles concerning that area.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Actually it does help a bit. The hand replayer part - do you use the hand replayed on the poker strategy site or do you have some other way to do it? Can the Elephant do it? Or some other application?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mishkagg,

I personally use the Universal Replayer. I export all the hands from my tracker and import them into the replayer and go over them with a fine tooth comb.

I stop the player at each flop, turn and river card and ask myself what would the optimal play be and see if i made it or not. It has certainly helped to find some leaks in my game.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve