Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,60
      BU:
      $5,00

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 8:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,16, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,54, BU raises to $5,00 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5,56

is it ok to3 bet? he is loose and agresiv so I may not have enough implied odds if I hit set so I 3bet instead of calling. Does it make sense?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Why do you think if he is a loose maniac you don`t have the implied ? He will bluff / bet himself out so many times if you hit. I would be more inclined to call here
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Why do you think if he is a loose maniac you don`t have the implied ? He will bluff / bet himself out so many times if you hit. I would be more inclined to call here
      I read this in ps article from silver section. They say, call when TAG is raising in front of you for your implies and 3bet loos player because you don't have implies when you hit. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1321/
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Stats for ATS? He could be very easily stealing here and I like your resteal, depending on his ATS I sometimes just Call in such situation if he has a low ATS but when a bigger one then it's an easy 3bet situation. After his raise it's an fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I don`t remember exactly what that article said but it must have reffered to players with stats like these one but not a 8 AF. With an 8 AF this guy will bet even if he doesnt hit always , most likely would even second barrel with air and 1 pair is probably nuts for him. So you do have the implied here
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Macias09
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I read this in ps article from silver section. They say, call when TAG is raising in front of you for your implies and 3bet loos player because you don't have implies when you hit. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1321/
      That sounds wrong... You shouldn't call good TAGs for set value because they will often be able to fold their tptk/overpair, instead of paying off their whole stack. Then again, good LAGs are possibly even worse since they're often loose preflop and don't hit enough postflop for you to get payed off.

Really gotta pick the right opponents.. that is, someone who plays for stacks with you with a TPTK/Overpair kinda hand :)