Stack
      Hero:
      $40.34
      MP3:
      $20.05
      BU:
      $26.60

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, BU raises to $26.60 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.60

I was very active on this table and nobody had really made any moves PF most were just calling and then folding on the flop or showing down with a medium str hand.

Now that I think about it maybe with my Image he could've been just tiliting because I was the guy controling the action at this table. But at the time I just thought that he has a hand that has more than 50% equity so why flip for my whole stack when I can easily outplay them in more profitable situations.

Wonder if anyone can help me with the math here and see if the call or fold was actually better???

pot after I 3bet was about .25 + 1 + 3.50 + BB/SB (.35) = $5.10

So I had to put in $23.10 to win $54.05 which is like 2.33 pot odds or am I wrong? So I needed like 31% equity or something? and considering he could have AJ or AQ maybe JJ the call would've been +EV?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am folding here also.

Calculation:
      Pot: 0,25+1+3,50+26,60+0,25 = 31,6
      To Call: 23,1
      Equity needed: 1/(31,6/23,1+1) = 42,2%

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      For me AK would be a go broke situation .

Equity wise: you win 0.25 + 1+ 3.5 + 26.6+24.1 = 61.3
      you need to call 24.1 for this so about 39% equity

I think you have that vs his range
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can´t fold there.
      AK at your position is imo too strong to fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      you can´t fold there.
      I don't get the point of Calling a all-in with AKo against an opponent who has PFR 5 (that could mean very often that 3bet even less maybe 1). Best what we could get is a coinflip, do you have any calculations or why do you say it's OK to go broke there.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I had the same logic as the post above me I thought that best case he has a non pair hand which I usually have crushed but with him not even 3betting just pushing directly I put him on some sort of a pair and he was so bad I just don't think its worth flipping for a stack when I can get into better spots and take his whole stack when I KNOW i am ahead.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      you can´t fold there.
      I don't get the point of Calling a all-in with AKo against an opponent who has PFR 5 (that could mean very often that 3bet even less maybe 1). Best what we could get is a coinflip, do you have any calculations or why do you say it's OK to go broke there.
      why do you 3-bet then ?
      then you could likely take that line any 2 hands if you think that you can´t call shove.
      44 hands is not that big sample and if hero were aggressive then at some point he should expect players to fight back.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      you can´t fold there.
      why do you 3-bet then ?
      then you could likely take that line any 2 hands if you think that you can´t call shove.
      44 hands is not that big sample and if hero were aggressive then at some point he should expect players to fight back.
      Lets assume some other tight opponent who has fold-to-3bet like 95 and 4bet 1 (lets take for example hands 1000). We see here that it's pretty profitable to 3bet him with many different hands even with any two. Now we take our AK in this situation, we have been 3betting him long time and getting profit from his folds and then he shows back some aggression, we are putting him on KK+ because of his 4bet range is 1, as you say don't 3bet if you don't want to go broke, okey we are going broke, he shows us AA and there we go, all our profit is gone with such a small mistake, while we knew that he had KK+. So in this situation I am not taking AK as a nuts hand, I am taking it as some random hand with what I want to make profit with 3betting and hoping him to just call and maybe take the pot down on flop. I am not willing to go broke with such hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Just when you 3-bet him a lot of times- how often would you think he is going to take that. I doubt that he´d fold there AK, even JJ-AA and depends the table dynamics, he could easily shove there.
      With your example veriz, fold AK is right, but there you have to think all the factors and putting player on KK+ is not always the correct move, because player would likely shove there with worse hands.