HU shc

• 4 replies
    • cannell555
      Hi extpan,

The reason why PokerStrategy dont have alot of HU content, is because its hard to teach people HU.

The best/only way to learn HU play efficiently is by playing alot of hands, and analysing your own play, and posting the hands.

There isn't a HU SHC simply because they are not logical. If anyone has a HU SHC, i'd tell them to ignore it, HU is always different when faced by different villians, therefore there is no set hand ranges to play.

• kukkiwonBG
      If you need SHC to play HU it's probably better to start playing normal SNG's or cash game first to gain experience

There is big winner in HU that play 90-100% from the SB and 35-40% from BB, so this will be a big SHC.

download poker stove or the Equilator of PS and start opening top 50-60% of the hands first in.
      Thy to defend BB with not dominated hands. Big aces, connectors, PP and other good hands.

But even with this information you are nowhere.

• Andjing
      HU strategy really depends on the villian. A general rule is that you want to play in position as much as possible. So you want tot rasie a lot if you have the btn and you want to call his raises pretty tight if you have the BB.

But thats about as much general advice I can give you :P I usually raise about 70% from the BTN. Some villians adapt to this and start reraising a lot from the BB. If they do I usually get a little tighter from the BTN. If they are really reraising me light then I start re-reraising them. So if you have the good fortune of finding me as an opponent in your HU sng you should reraise a lot of my raises because, like I said, I raise about 70% so if you reraise me I have to fold a lot of my crap. On the other hand, if you reraise me a lot then I might play back at ya :P

On the other hand some villians will just call a lot of raises when they are the bb. Against these villians I'd usually not raise hands like T5o etc.

Some villians also will call a lot from the BTN, instead of raising you. Then I would raise a little more from the bb.

etc.. etc.. etc.. as you by now probably understand... Every HU sng is very different from the last one and to be successful in these games you absolutely have to adapt your play to your opponent's.

Edit: by the way, there is a very good HU vid in the Gold section...
    • extpan
      Ok,i think so.....for now is very ok to me....I make 540$ on HU from 11$ do 57$ in 30sng on 2 day:) is optimal amount of buyin?is ok to play 11$ hu sng if i have 600$ on account?..its more than 50buyin ?