Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $89,46
      Hero:
      $71,46

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2,00, 3 folds, SB calls $1,75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4,50) 9:diamond: , 5:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,00, SB raises to $10,00, Hero calls $6,00.

Turn: ($24,50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $24,50, Hero calls $24,50.

River: ($73,50) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $52,96 (All-In), Hero raises to $34,96 (All-In).

Final Pot: $161,42

OK I had a read from a few hands that this guy is likely a donk. It wasn't much to go on but I decided to close my eyes and call. I wouldn't do this against the majority of the playing field but against this guy I felt I had a good chance of wining. Comments please.
  • 6 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      i think call down is a marginal way of playing this... if you think he is a donk, i would try to close the deal on the turn and after his bet move in... if the donk has a set, i'll pay him off and if he has some fluky two pair i take a walk after this^^

of course call down likely wins you a bigger pot (if you are ahead) but also dramatically increases the risk of losing the whole pot
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: I would likely prefer to give it up here, looks like a set to me but it ain't wrong to Call once and reevaluate turn.
      Turn: Yes, I am definitely fold here, we are here against a strong hand.
      River: Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Flop: I would likely prefer to give it up here, looks like a set to me but it ain't wrong to Call once and reevaluate turn.
      Turn: Yes, I am definitely fold here, we are here against a strong hand.
      River: Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      +1

Even donkeys do not c/r with air ;)
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      To me calling down is the worse option here. You could either come over the top on the flop because of all the draws that are out there or call flop and reevaluate turn. I wouldn`t fold on flop unless I`m playing vs a station that raised me.

My preffered play here is just to come over the top and hope he calls with draws , overpairs or pair + draw kind of hands. If I run into a set sux
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Should've been more specific then just using the word "donk." I saw this guy betting his weak or 1 pair type hands and checking his strong (set, straight, flush) type hands till he bet something insane right before the showdown. A guy called one of his big overbets and the SB in this hand showed the nuts flush. So yeah ... that was the read I went with in this hand ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      When he bets pot on the turn, he likely has there two pair or set or bluff/draw.
      I think fold is fine option, especially when you´re a littlebit deep.
      Other option would be shove turn.