$13 what to do...

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi, I moved my BR from fulltilt onto stars coz tilt was makin me tilt! Then I received $3 rakeback on tilt, n managed to get it up to $13.19, I've been playing sng's which is my main game, but the rake on the $1 sng's is a bit ridiculous @ 25%.

What do you guys think I should do, learn FL and play with 130 BB's at .05/.10, play NL2 or sss on NL10 with ~6 buyins (don't really think this is a good idea ?( ) or stick to the $1 sng's where my biggest edge is but pay high rake?

I also have 1.4k ftp's, would it be best saving these till my BR is bigger (or bust) so I don't deduct from rakeback.. or use them in sattelites/daily dollar n try win somethin for a boost.

Any advice would be appreciated thx :)

*edit* Also another option could be to play some PLO2 n just have some fun playin with the fishies.
  • 10 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I'd count it as part of your overall bankroll, it doesnt matter where the money is as its all still all yours so i'd play the limits you usually do with it :)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Also take a look at the points to $$$ topic. If you're a good SnG player you could easily win some FTP by playing 9 handed SnG where you get your buy-in back when you finish 3rd. Then play tier SnG's and you can move up pretty quick. Every time you don't finish 1st or 2nd, but 3rd, you can win quite a lot of money.

Good luck.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Probably not the best person to give advice since I shipped a whole $50 side bankroll in 2 sessions to our beloved Viewer88 :D ... but I'd say have some fun with it. Definitely try out some PLO2 when in the mood, maybe have a go at the nightly $1 Token Frenzy which is ridiculously soft and can earn you a $26 token for use in tier SNG's... The Ferguson is also a nice tournament, it doesn't pay as much as the Daily Dollar but at least there is no overlay to affect rakeback. Luitzen's advice is also great there are some extremely fishy FTP SnG's you can use to get more FTP's and so on...

gl :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi.

With only $12 dollars the only thing you could do with decent BRM is sss on nl2 , but I guess that playing with 40cents stacks would be way too boring if you are already playing the $5 sit&go's at stars.

If you have fun playing plo2 then go for it, otherwise the daily dollar is a good option, also is the midnight madness if you have no problem in putting 90%+ of your roll on a tourney.

1500 ftp's would cost you like $2 of rakeback, so if you see decent sit&go's go for them.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      if you only have $13...

I think you should play the 25cent 45 seated S&Gs at pokerstars.

1) Theres no rake charge.

2) Very very very soft...

3) depending on how much you'll play, how many tables you play its very easy to grind it up to $100 within 7-14days.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Thx all for ur replies :)

I would rather use seperate BRM's so I can keep money on fulltilt to earn strategy points with. When I received my $3 rakeback the only option pretty much was to gamble it, but I'd rather not do that now. I decided to stick with the $1.25 sng's anyway n managed to get it up to $21!

I didn't realise the FTP's are worth so little in rakeback so I'll definitely try a few sattelites.

Unfortunately fulltilt doesn't offer 25c sng's or I woulda played some of them, fulltilt has minimum $1 buy in for them, so the variance would be too big for my BR at the moment.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you can also try matrix sit&go's to reduce variance. it would be like playing 40c sng's
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      ship it to me :D

and yes MATRIX sngs are rly great, I started with 5$ there!
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndySk
      ship it to me :D

and yes MATRIX sngs are rly great, I started with 5$ there!
      And how much you managed to get already ? :-)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      now I do have something more than 500$ , started at 1,25$ matrix