This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AK turns top two

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 players

Oponent unknown

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.75)
      UTG+1 ($25.60)
      Hero (CO) ($25.92)
      BTN ($23.28)
      SB ($46.37)
      BB ($27.01)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is CO K:spade: A:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $1.25

Flop: 4:heart: Q:club: K:diamond: ($3.60, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: A:club: ($9.60, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: 6:heart: ($25.60, 2 players)
      UTG+1 goes all-in $13.10, Hero calls $13.10

Fold flop would be too weak, raise flop would be too much, so i call.
      Turn. Now i can beat KQ, AQ, others Kx. 44 still crushed me and JT got there. Villain betting again, can i find fold here?
      River. If i call turn i call blank river aswell?

All action limp/call/bet/bet/bet screams of 444 but can i get away from my top two?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Depending on the opponent you can sometimes just raise here to find out where you stand at by just Calling you don't get any info and could go broke against a better hand.

As played
      Going broke.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hey... you should raise flop.

You goto find out where your at. You can raise like to 7$ or so. If villain has a set he might be inclined to push allin now and you can fold.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Flop is kind of dry to me , only TJ and some gutshots to protect there. If I had set there I would rather c/c or c/r than donk into some1 unless I know opp is agrresive and might raise my donk bet.

Still about the hand , because like I said , board looks kind of dry to me , I would just call him down too. If he has 44 you might get away by the raise/fold flop line but you also lose value from all weaker hands
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Flop is kind of dry to me , only TJ and some gutshots to protect there. If I had set there I would rather c/c or c/r than donk into some1 unless I know opp is agrresive and might raise my donk bet.

Still about the hand , because like I said , board looks kind of dry to me , I would just call him down too. If he has 44 you might get away by the raise/fold flop line but you also lose value from all weaker hands
      Just calldown this monster.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would played the hand the same way as you.
      The most important: you beat river KQ, which is good enough to justify calldown+ at some times some strange bluffs.