Party Poker cash out?

• morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      I am a fairly new poker player (only been here a couple of months or so) but as a reaction to Party's decision to move the goal posts mid promo I decided to move the amount of BR I had with them. (I wasn't tracked to Ps there anyway) So I decided to open a tracked account with Everest only to lose over $10 in the transfer?? Party to Neteller / Neteller to Everest. I only had $200 with Party so I guess anyone else doing the same thing with a significant BR could lose a fortune! Anyone else had a similar experience? Gary.
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Isn't that just the Fixed Fee for moving the money? I'm not sure when you get it but one of the Loyalty bonuses always used to be Free Transfers for Loyal Players.... I remember Reading about it when i was still a newbie and Made Queen or King Level on the old Loyalty System :p
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Not exactly but on further investigation this type of thing happens a lot and people seem to accept it. When I withdrew from Party they used an exchange rate of $1.52 to transfer my $200 to Neteller. Once the money arrived in my Neteller account I deposited it with Everest and was given a rate of $1.44. I know these things take a day or so to complete but Party Pokers exchange rate for that day was a little optimistic to say the least. It didnt cost a whole lot to me really but if someone with a substantial roll had made a similar transaction then the difference would have been noticeable.

Is this something players with a bankroll of $1000+ look at when moving sites or do they mostly stay at the same site? Or perhaps only consider moving when exchange rates are favourable? I know a lot of people here will be using the euro rather than the £ but it's still stuff that affects a lot of players. Thanks in advance for any replies.