SSS: Please analyse my stats

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I am a long-time SSS player, and am in the grips of one hell of a downswing at the moment. I've lost 3/4 of my bankroll in a couple of weeks playing NL50. My BRM is pretty conservative (50/25), but i've just had to move down from NL50 for the second time. I've found that my NL50 stats are pretty similar to my NL25 stats, yet I can't seem to catch a break on NL50 at all.

I was hoping some of you might have some comments on my stats, as to anything that looks like a leak or a missed opportunity.

My sample size for NL50 is only 15000 hands, as I had a DB issue and had to format my PC to get it fixed, and as such lost all my previous hands. My NL25 stats are only 1500 at this point, but from memory they are pretty similar already to what I have always had on NL25 (aside from the stealing stats, as i've tightened them up a little to try and get over this downswing).

NL50
      VP$IP: 8.9
      PFR: 6.6
      ATS: 11.7
      FSBTS: 88.2
      FBBTS: 89.5
      AF: 2.6
      WTSDWSF: 40.0
      W$ASD: 47.1
      W$WSF: 40.0
      BB/100: -2.0

NL25
      VP$IP: 8.6
      PFR: 7.0
      ATS: 9.7
      FSBTS: 100.0
      FBBTS: 93.8
      AF: 4.0
      WTSDWSF: 33.9
      W$ASD: 51.3
      W$WSF: 38.3
      BB/100: +5.6

From my experience, if I played NL25 with the stats I played NL50 with, i'd be winning, but this is the second time i've lost a big chunk of my bankroll on NL50, so i'm thinking it can't just be bad beats, there must be some leaks as well. For now, i'm going to grind out NL25 a bit tigher than usual, cutting back on the contibets when there's a good chance i'm beat (I seem to lose a lot with 2 overcard contibets against tight opponents).

I'd appreciate if someone could let me know where i'm going wrong.
  • 6 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Post your flop cbet%, WTSD% and AFq too
      It will be nice to post your ATS by positions (SB, BU, CO) and steal success %

VPIP and PFR must be closer for sure. Something like 94-97% VPIP/PFR is cool
      on this lower limits you can probably get this number down to 88-90%, because there is alot more spots of multiply limpers.
      With such a low ATS your VPIP is too big for NL25-50

on NL50 you can start stealing alot more (obv using your HUD)

defend a little bit more (again - HUD and big sample size)

My agression factor is like 3.4 and my cbet size is smaller than normal, so you need to get this number higher.

Good AFq is 21-24%, Flop cbet% 72-75% and WTSD% like 44%

Best,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And wtf you are using such a conservative BRM when you are building your roll?
      You are not going to be hungry and on the street if you lose some part of your BR. The opponents are bad and don't know how to play a SSS on this limits.

Just change limits at the moment you don't have roll for the higher limits and you will be fine.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

My CBet flop is 91%. I'm aware I need to bring this down, but basic SSS doesn't give much scope for it, you pretty much always CBet.

WTSD is 40, and nearly all my steals are from SB, need to open that up as well I know.

As for the conservative BRM, well last time I moved to NL50 I had to drop back down after a few days, so wanted to give myself a bigger margin for error this time. Still, I only lasted 2 weeks this time :( Think I might take your advice and go aggressive from now on, 30/15 and if I have to drop back down more often, so be it.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      first of all I don't understand what 30/15 means
      and second I have an easy thing to do
      stop plaing "basic" SSS and start thinking from time to time

Kukki
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      30/15 means I move up a limit when I have 30 BI, and down when I have 15 BI.

I have been playing more advanced SSS, but only recently as i've just unlocked the gold articles.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Are you drunk?
      wtf?
      go up with 30BI and go down with 29...

player that don't play a lot will go up a limit every month
      so if you are too bad for NL50 you will waste one month every time when you are not so lucky
      play one session on NL50. After that if you are below 30BI for NL50 play NL25 until you have the roll.