Elephant doesnt work

• Mudrinjo
      Mudrinjo
      Bronze
      My elephant doesnt work.

i entered my name and pokersite in it, but when I play it only says "stats will appear when some hands are played" and thats it.

nothing is going in the base, notnihg is elephant tracking...

when i go over elephenat it only says No data available...
  • 23 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Mudrinjo,

Could you please refrain from making two seperate posts about the same subject as you will get an answer to your first as soon as it is possible. If you want to re-ignite interest in the post you just just type something like "bump" in the original thread.

I hope you understand.

As for your original problem have you made sure that both the hand history paths match, in Elephant and in your poker site.

Also have you tried it with any other poker sites to see if you get the same problem or not.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Bulldog

Have acheived silver status since last speaking to you, and released $30 of my bonus so far on Full Tilt, so making steady progress.

However, I too have had trouble with the Elephant. Reading your reply to the poster here, I tried it on Pokerstars, as I have an account there too, and I had more success with it there. On Full Tilt though I get messages like check my hand history path and no data available. How do I do anything about my hand history path ?

On Pokerstars I got a display by each players name saying eg:

VPIP: VERY TIGHT
      PFR: PASSIVE
      AF: PASSIVE
      WTS: SELDOM

These variously coloured red/green etc. Then by each players WTS a number appears.

Is this the sort of thing I should be getting? I didn't see anything like percentages etc

Also if I click the fig 2 it says no hero stats available.

Hope you can give some advice how I can get this working on Full Tilt, as that is where I am on PS.

All the best
      Bryan
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MAGICBRYAN
      Hi Bulldog

Have acheived silver status since last speaking to you, and released $30 of my bonus so far on Full Tilt, so making steady progress.

However, I too have had trouble with the Elephant. Reading your reply to the poster here, I tried it on Pokerstars, as I have an account there too, and I had more success with it there. On Full Tilt though I get messages like check my hand history path and no data available. How do I do anything about my hand history path ?

On Pokerstars I got a display by each players name saying eg:

VPIP: VERY TIGHT
      PFR: PASSIVE
      AF: PASSIVE
      WTS: SELDOM

These variously coloured red/green etc. Then by each players WTS a number appears.

Is this the sort of thing I should be getting? I didn't see anything like percentages etc

Also if I click the fig 2 it says no hero stats available.

Hope you can give some advice how I can get this working on Full Tilt, as that is where I am on PS.

All the best
      Bryan
      Hey Brian,

Steve is more into the software side of things than myself, so would be better placed to answer all of your queries. I can however help with the "coloured bars" aspect.

You currently have selected the beginner HUD mode, but can easily switch to experienced by the following:

> Open up Elephant,
      > Click Settings on the top bar,
      > Click the Options tab,
      > Half way down in the middle, check "Expert" where it says "Choose your preferred HUD mode".

Probably other ways to change it too, but this is the one i use.

Under HUD tab, you can also change which stats appear in the HU.

I don't personally use the "hero stats" options, so not the best person to advise you on that, but I'm sure Steve or another member with better knowledge will help :)

Best regards,

Bart

p.s. Congrats on the Silver ;)
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi All
      Thanks for this Bart. I will check it out, though am not sure "Expert" mode is entirely appropriate for me just yet lol !

Hope someone else can steer me through getting it to work on Full Tilt. I want to just get used to it a.s.a.p as I intend using it once I have cleared my bonus using basic sss, and I start to get more adventurous.

All the best,
      Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Bryan,

First of all congrats on getting Silver Status.

As for your problem with the Elephant software not being able to import hands from Full Tilt but all is ok with PokerStars leads me to believe that the hand history paths are not matching.

A couple of quick fixes that i can recommend are:

1) Are the hand histories being saved by full tilt. A quick way to check is to go into your full tilt folder which is usually c:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\Username) and see if they are files of saved HHs.

If they are not being saved then you need to check the box under Options --> Hand History in the Full Tilt Lobby.

2) Are you using the Full Tilt Beta Version software as this has a differant hand history path.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot Steve you are a star. The hand history path was ok, just checked under options like you said, and the box wasn't ticked to save. Once I ticked that it now seems to be working ok.

Can't believe the solution was that simple.

Thanks again for that. All I have to do now is play around with it and figure out what it all means.

All the best
      Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      No worries Bryan.

If you have any more questions just post them up and i'll do my best to answer them for you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Steve,
      Funny you should say that. I just played a session where I was playing four tables tiled, as I usually do on sss basic, but with Elephant running:

a) with the tables small, I couldn't read the stats

b) I couldn't see my cards either as the words were obscuring them. So I ended up turning it off again.

Both problems cured by clicking to maximise the table, but that isn't a practical way to play four tables.

Not sure if there's something I haven't got right, or if there is anything I can do about it, but I have to have the tables the size I do to fit four on the screen.

Maybe when I start getting fancy with my play and actually using the stats I won't be able to play four tables anyway, as I will have more decisions to make.

Just thought I'd mention it in case theres something blindingly obvious I am doing wrong.

All the best,
      Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Bryan,

With regards to the tables being small and not reading the stats you just need to alter the font size.

Main Elephant Page --> Settings --> HUD Settings. In Layout Manager click on Hud tab and on the top right hand side alter the size of the font to around 9/10 and that should be fine.

As for the stats covering the cards it could be a case of the stats needing re-aligning to the correct players.

Let me know if you need anymore info Bryan.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Steve,

Thanks again, but you wrote "As for the stats covering the cards it could be a case of the stats needing re-aligning to the correct players."

How would I do that, and how would I know ?

There is something very strange, as I have stats showing where there is an empty seat !!

Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Bryan,

Basically what should be happening is that every player should have stats around them except you, hence you not being able to see the cards.

On the poker table you should see a little spanner i think it is, next to the table details and if you click this a box will come up where you should see a couple of arrows that allow you to move the stats left or right.

Just keep moving the stats round till you dont have any stats surrounding you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Steve,

Thanks again mate. We are getting there. The problem with lining up the stats has been solved by rotating as you said.

However, I still cannot read the stats with tables minimised. I tried in the HUD settings altering the fon, but that only seemed to make the players names bigger, it didn't affect the size of the words re the plsyers skills vpip etc. As I say, ok with table maximised, but can't read when minimised.

It's not just my eyesight getting older, it really is too small I think.

Couldn't see anything in the menu that suggested it would alter it either.

Sorry to be a pain,

All the best,
      Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Bryan,

When you are altering the font you will need to click on each individual stat in the hud and change the font size.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Steve,

I'm sorry mate, but I am fast losing patience with this program. I tried what you said, and when I just opened a table to check it, it didn't seem to have cured the problem, but more seriously, the problem I thought was solved has returned.

I couldn't rotate the stats as every player on the table had stats !!

I then noticed that the stats by my own icon changed from saying I was very loose to saying I was very tight, and this whilst I was still waiting to post the BB.

How can I have any confidence in info given me by this program when I come to refer to it to make decisions eventually ?

Sorry to moan,
      Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Bryan,

If you have Skype you can add me (stephen.smith711) as it may be easier to try and work things out in real-time so to speak.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Mudrinjo
      Mudrinjo
      Bronze
      Hi its me again. I really dont get this elephant. Im having difficultis.

My HUD just says: " Stats appear as soon as you have played enough hands at this table." or "Check your history path settings (something like that)"
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hey Bryan,

First of all congrats on getting Silver Status.

As for your problem with the Elephant software not being able to import hands from Full Tilt but all is ok with PokerStars leads me to believe that the hand history paths are not matching.

A couple of quick fixes that i can recommend are:

1) Are the hand histories being saved by full tilt. A quick way to check is to go into your full tilt folder which is usually c:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\Username) and see if they are files of saved HHs.

If they are not being saved then you need to check the box under Options --> Hand History in the Full Tilt Lobby.

2) Are you using the Full Tilt Beta Version software as this has a differant hand history path.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
      Hello Mudrinjo,

Did you try the above ideas, also did you try using Elephant on a differant platform?

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi there

First of all, sorry to Mudrinjo for inadvertently hijacking your thread. Please take careful note of the second part of part 1 of Steves answer, as that was what got things working for me. Just a simple tick of a box.

To Steve, however, although I worked in IT for many years so can follow what you are saying to me to do, I am a bit out of touch in the last 5 years since I left.

As such, I don't know what Skype is, but have a good idea, so will Google it, and if it's free, I will get it set up and get back to you.

All the best,
      Bryan
    • Kilzz
      Kilzz
      Bronze
      Hi! Sorry for borrowing you thread.

I have problem with this program too. I cant import my database. I hope that its not a problem, that i played play money tables, just to test this program.

When I go in "hand history" directory, I may see some hand history in lower square, but on right side of this square its written: import count 0,error count: 4, duplicate count 0.

And when i played poker ob FTP, Elephant want to import hand every once in a while but errors keep counting. I checked out box in FTP program, so my hand history in saved, and paths are indentical in both programs. I tried all solutions that anybody write in this topic.

Any idea?