No playable hands

• bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

For a week now, I keep losing money , I play sngs and can't seem to get any good hands.

I was asking myself a question, How can I play if i get no hands that are in the starting hand charts, I mean i get some hands like AJ, SOMETIMES pockets (mostly 22 to 77),
      and the worse part is that i always get them when im utg or middle pos.

So i stick to the strategy and just muck about every hand...

Then when I make it to the push or fold, I decide to push when I feel im strong enough or I think the guys after me is tight enough to fold but they almost call me every time and suck me out, like if they take my push as a bluff.

The problem is that you can't always wait to get monster hands at this part of the game.

Thanks for reading and I would like to know how you guys deal with that .
  • 5 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Well, if you really can't get any playable hands in the early parts of the tourny, then you have no choice but to buckle down and wait for push/fold mode. You could try to incorporate some steals, but you've already said that they're calling you down.

Whip out the good old ICM Trainer and practice. That way you won't be so worried about not getting any good hands, you can just fall back on ICM when you have ~10BBs.
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Ok thanks for the advice!

I'll focus on ICM training a bit now, hoping to get 90% soon.

For now I get about 83% when I do 250 to 500 exercices with the ICM trainer.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      People who play SNGs should get like at least 91% IMO to get the most of the push or fold phase.

As for the hands - just wait and it'll pass. It can't last forever. Don't be tempted to play more hands and that's it.

And make boku your idol, learn his game style and try to emulate it if you're at a level higher than the beginners. It looks to me that his model is very good for sngs. I am not saying you should play 50 games at once but I do believe 10-12 is completely possible.
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      I've been practicing ICM since this post , and I now get 90% in about 500 exercices.

So i've hit the tables and played a bit , I now feel much more confident in the push or fold phase, I also have a lot a fold equity since I dont play lots of hand and dont look like a donk a the tables :D

Ill keep practicing at least 250 to 500 ICM exercices a day while trying to get 95% good now !!

And of course Boku should be the Idol of every sng player !! He is trully a master of the sngs !
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Nice to see you strengthening your game. The cards will start coming again, but I warn you.. get used to it. Definitely isn't the last time this is going to happen.. Gotta love it :D