3Bets, 4Bets

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      OK WTF is going on?! Everywhere everyone is becoming super agro preflop on pretty much every limit. I'm getting 3Bet and 4Bet like there's no tomorrow. I have a 21/18 style and it's really putting me in some nasty spots. How does one counter that best? I really need advice on this, it's a serious leak in my game. Can someone please offer some general guidlines on how to act in regards to preflop aggression?
  • 3 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      If your always folding to a 3bet/4bet and good players start to notice this they will 3bet light because they think you will let go of better hands also they may 4bet bluff or do it alittle lighter because of the same reason.

Look at statistics and if players are 3betting you alot you can try to bluff 4bet ( this is my fav thing to do :D ..picking up the pot when your not that strong)
      with 4bets most players arent going to 4bet fold (if you have very large sample size on regs you can look at 4betFold stat)

Also think about position because some players will 3bet light out of the blinds because they think you are stealing you can 4bet as a bluff sometimes BUT BE CAREFUL with this you need good reads to do this.

But eventually you will pick up a real hand and you can go broke vs these aggresive players.

Is this problem happening to you over a small sample size???
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      No it's not a small size, past 30k hands or so. I must be misplaying it somehow. What are the appropriate ranges for 3Beting and 4Beting against an unknown or small sample size (less then 100hands)? I guess hands with implied odds are good for stealing and hands with high EV are good for defending? I understand it's a lot read and situation depending but I'll take any advice I can take at this moment.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      what Pid said + :

range to go broke vs tag who is restealing frequently in steal situation: 99+ AQs+
      calling range: AT+, KQ, QJs, Jts, suited connectors etc.
      But for calling you need to be able to play well postflop.
      You can also call and trap with big hands. Post hands on the forum.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar