SSS question

• kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just re-read the SSS handout and It says to open-raise with AQ from late position and blinds position, and to fold to a re-raise ?
      same thing for AJ, KQ and so on .
      Is this correct ? I'm not sure I undertood everything :tongue:
  • 8 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      AQ is a Raise (but fold to Re-Raise) from Middle/Late/Blinds position. Unless it's changed recently, I don't see why it would though, AQ is definately stong enough for MP.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello kourou,

In Late Position you can open raise (i.e. no one raised yet) 77+, AJ+, KQ.

If there was a raise in front of you, then you fold everything except JJ+, AK. If there were two raises before you ( i.e. a raise and a re-raise after) then you only continue with KK+.

If someone has raised behind you (i.e. re-raised your raise) then you go all in with TT+, AK

Hope this helps you to understand a bit better.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      Okay , so you're saying that if I'm holding AQ in the SB everybody folded to me, so I open-raise to 4BB and the BB shoves I'm supposed to fold ? ?(
      I mean It's very likely that I have the best hand in this situation, and that he thinks he's beeing stolen or something so he could be holding AT, KQ, KJ
      Which I would be a big favourite against
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      of course you don't fold
      you are ahead agains averege opponents range

First - start using HUD (the Elephant is free)
      Second - of course the basic strategy is not perfect
      post hands, ask question in the forum, find some frind to talk about SSS and start building on the basic strategy

Best,
      Kukki
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Basic SSS tells you to fold in that spot you described.

If you have stats that the villian defends a lot, you could shove it if your hand is good vs his range (have a go on Equilator to check his Fold-to-steal range).
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      8% defending is a lot (if you raise 4 bb and he shoves, with normal 20bb stack you will need like 44% Eq)
      wtf
      get real

bet/c sh is very standard even without stats....

of course you can fold even better hands if you have information
      but you don't
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      ups
      sorry
      I did not saw that you are talking in general

you are right of course
      obv
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kourou
      Okay , so you're saying that if I'm holding AQ in the SB everybody folded to me, so I open-raise to 4BB and the BB shoves I'm supposed to fold ? ?(
      I mean It's very likely that I have the best hand in this situation, and that he thinks he's beeing stolen or something so he could be holding AT, KQ, KJ
      Which I would be a big favourite against
      Wrong. If you have AQ and he could be holding AT, KJ etc you are about 50/50 (he could just as easily have AK, QQ etc.
      Of course you have to take into account there is money already in the pot though

If you dont have stats, stick to the charts and fold everything except TT+ and AK when you gat reraised. If you are using stats then you can shove AQ here if he defends more than about 10% of the time.