Failed Blog, Failed SSS. Closed for fresh start.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

Personal History

** PLEASE FIND NEW AND ADJUSTED GOALS ON PAGE 3 **

I been dotting around the forums for a while now and feel I should really introduce myself properly and so.... I'm 27, and I'm from Swindon originally and after 6 years of moving all around the UK (Lossiemouth, Scotland - Great Yarmouth, Norfolk + other places) that's where I am back to now. The good old hometown. I've been playing poker for around 7 - 8 years and I really was just playing for fun, no bankroll management or any real strategy, but I had my great moments, like when I had a bankroll of over $2,000, and my low moments like when I always went bust!

Then while I was down on my luck I found this site and it taught me the basics that I needed to take what I already knew and put it to good use rather than just donking it off at the highest stakes I could sit at. So anyway, I got my starting capital on Titan poker and won a bit and placed in some tournaments. then I made a withdrawl of $75 and put it on Full Tilt and starting playing still thinking I knew best a different strategy to the ones outlined here. Now I use strict SSS and my bankroll has been moved to pokerstars where I've grinded through the NL10 and I am now playing at NL25, I did move up about $20 earlier than outlined on this site, but I was quite happy with the way I was playing and the move has been okay so far.

I've also played a little live (MTT's Only) and my results although on a mini scale of 4 are good, I've placed 1st x2, 2nd x1 and once out of the money.
      I earned about £1,200 for those. But that got spent on my Golf GTI! :D
      Oh yeah, almost forgot, My name's Danny but everyone just calls me D and that's my mugshot at the top of the page. :D

Introduction To My Blog.

This blog (Although I have started many before, but never really had a focused direction so were kind of lame and i soon lost interest) is just to track my own progress really and I am going to try my hardest to keep it updated after EVERY session I play with a quick review and maybe a graph, while also posting any interesting hands, plus I'll probably add any other random things I find that while looking round YouTube or whatever. I hope this will track my progress on using the SSS all the way up to at least NL100 and also, my progress on learning to play FL properly and possibly a little BSS a little later on (I am using what's left of my Full Tilt Bankroll to master the basics at the moment).
      My ideal outcome would be to obviously be successful at poker and start to make a living out of it, however, I do know that this is a long hard road and not all that take the first steps will ever see the end.
      So yeah, I guess that's all for now I am just going to keep up the bankroll management and stick to the strategies outlined on this site, and use this as my poker diary.
      Just a quick cheers to Steve aka TheBu11d0g for his great blog Bu11d0g's SSS Adventure: NL25+ inspiring me to write my own properly and steal his format.
      :]

[I][B]Goals[/B]

Short Term

>> Move up to gold status on PokerStrategy - Progress 754/870
      >> Move up to silver VIP level on Pokerstars - Progress 1219.50/1200 COMPLETE!
      >> Commit to memory Steals and Re-Steals Article - Progress Around 45%
      >> Review every session I play

Long Term
      >> Build my bankroll and move up the limits using SSS to NL100 - Progress - NL10
      >> Learn and commit to memory the whole SSS Strategy - Progress - About 35% Looking at the rest of the articles.
      >> Learn more about FL and BSS and practise them with my remaining BR at Full Tilt.
      >> Earn FPP's to get a bonus to make up for losing rakeback at Stars - Progress - 1219.50/5000 - Paused due to moving BR
      >> Overtake Gerv for mastering SSS (Just Kidding) :P
      >> Reach diamond status on Pokerstrategy - Progress - Silver - Paused due to moving to non-tracked poker site
      >> Master the teachings of this site, and help others to understand them.
      >> Keep moving up the VIP levels on Pokerstars - Progress - Silver, Till 31st May - Paused due to moving BR
      >> Define new goals when these are completed[/I]

[B][I] Added Goals [/B]

>> Short Term - Survive and make a profit at NL25 without having to move down - Progress - FAIL! Back at NL10!
      >> Short To Long Term - Obtain Iron Man Status At Full Tilt - Progress - Not Ranked

[B] The Graph [/B][/I]

I lost a few thousand hands when my laptop died and needed formating but here's the history of what I have played so far using only strategies from this site on Pokerstars. Minus the few thousand I lost obviously. :D

[B] Lifetime Graph Since Beginning SSS Last Updated 22nd April 2009[/B]

Around the 17,500 hand mark is where I changed to NL25 from NL10.

I guess that's pretty much it for my opening post, except to say if you have any ideas or comments then please feel free to share them.
      Also, feel free to add me on Skype(Username in my sig). And if you see me at the tables, say hi, but don't be to offended if I don't answer as I do play around 12 - 20 tables depending on my mood.

Some Screennames:

Pokerstars: SoullessFace (Don't ask me why I chose it, I hate it now)
      Full Tilt: Mr Mardy Bum
      Titan Poker: SarcyBalls (Doubt I'll ever be back there though)

Good luck at the tables,

Danny
  • 111 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Danny,

It looks a very good start to the blog and the layout and format look great :tongue:

I like the fact that your goals are not merely money orientated and but that that you are concentrating on improving your knowledge first and foremost.

Good luck mate and i'll check in frequently.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hi Steve,

Cheers for stopping by, glad you like the format, does it seem familar?... :P

Yeah, the way I see it money is the least important factor of poker, if you learn the strategies, respect the game and commit yourself to learning more about it the money will be a by-product anyway.

I'll be trying my best to keep it updated now it is tidy and has a direction.

Danny
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [B][I][U]
      Session Details[/U][/B]

Site: Pokerstars
      Hands: 704
      Time Played: 1Hr 6Mins
      Tables Total: 25
      Limit: NL25
      Personal Rating: 4 of 10
      FPP's Earned: 88
      Profit/Loss: $0.40
      Pokerstars Bankroll: $135.51

Session Graph

[B]Session Review[/B]

Well as you can see from the results, it wasn't a great session and I actually take full responsibility, I started off well and then lost a couple of pots then won a few. But then for some reason I lost my focus, and started playing to lower standard than I usually do and made some pretty awful plays. Hence why I left after playing only 700 hands.
      I think this could of just been first game settling in, I get that sometimes, then I'll go have a coffee and a ciggy while reviewing my hands. (Is what I am doing now actually);)

I want to include in my session post the best and worst hands of every session but when there wasn't really any great play or anything special I'll just put the biggest pot I won for the session instead of a good hand. And I imagine there will always be a worse hand. :) [/I]

[I][CENTER]Biggest pot I won during the session.

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.20
      BU:
      $14.65
      SB:
      $25.25
      BB(Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $25.35
      MP1:
      $4.65
      MP2:
      $23.15
      MP3:
      $25.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      3 folds[/I], MP3 raises to $0.75, CO folds, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $5(All-In), MP3 raises to $25.6(All-In), BU folds.

Flop: ($31.45) 3, 6, 6 (2 players)

Turn: ($31.45) 7 (2 players)

River: ($31.45) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $31.45.

Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, queens and sixs (Q Q)
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixs (K K)
      Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sixs (K K).

[B]The worst hand/play of the game.[/B]

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $25.30
      MP2:
      $27.85
      MP3:
      $19.45
      CO:
      $26.90
      BU:
      $14.15
      SB(Hero):
      $4.40
      BB:
      $25.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) J, Q, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $3.65, BB calls $0.65.

Turn: ($8.80) 2 (2 players)

River: ($8.80) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.80.

Results follow:

BB shows a straight, ace high (A T)
      Hero shows high card ace (9 A)
      BB wins with a straight, ace high (A T).[/CENTER]

I have no idea what I was thinking of here, I think I zoned out and took a trip to donkey land. I should of definately check/folded on the flop here. This is probably the worst play I've made since I found this site, let alone this session! Anyway after that, that's when I decided to leave. I did make a few other mistakes also, but they were just minor and nothing compared to this. I mean what did I think he was folding for an extra $0.65.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [CENTER][I][B]Session Details[/B][/I]

[I]Site: Pokerstars
      Hands: 1,212
      Time Played:1Hr 33Mins
      Tables Total: 35
      Personal Rating: 9.5/10
      FPP's Earned: 128
      Profit/Loss: -$10.10
      Pokerstars Bankroll: $125.41

[B]Session Graph[/B][/I][/CENTER]

[B][U]Session Review[/B][/U]

Well, after the first session all I can say I not only found my A game, I found my A* game. I made all the right plays and all the right moves, I started on fire then pokerstars in it's infinite glory decided I was not allowed to win tonight and below are just six of the hands I had to get through. I either ran into bigger hands or I lost to a smaller hand after going in ahead.
      I am actually impressed that I didn't lose about 10 buyins during this session but after all these beats I had enough and began closing the tables. The only reason I marked myself down half a point here, was for not leaving at break even after being up 4 buyins and seeing the bad beats lining up to punch me in face while twisting my nuts, and shafting me up the ass.

As I was leaving the tables, Pokerstars obviously thought I hadn't quite had enough punishment and so decided to dish out the Aces for this to happen.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Known players:
      SB:
      $25.95
      BB:
      $25.25
      UTG2:
      $46.05
      MP1(Hero):
      $6.15
      MP2:
      $53.00
      MP3:
      $17.60
      CO:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $24.15

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) K, 3, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, BU calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.85) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, BU calls $3.40.

River: ($12.65) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.65.

Results follow (highlight to see):

BU shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kc)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Ad)
      BU wins with three of a kind, kings (Kh Kc).

:rolleyes:

If it hadn't been for me getting up to enough hands at this level to start using my HUD, and get info on players, I can honestly say I would be down in a major way. As it goes, I won over $17 with my A,Qs (4 Times, players were like 60 VPIP+) against some really bad players which is definately what pulled me through. And I really enjoyed this session believe it or not as I know that I never made any errors at all (according to SSS).

I am off to listen to my chillout tune, it's the one I listen to after a bad day at the tables, I just sit back and relax while doing nothing, Those aces had me slightly steaming. This one actually :D

Hope you're all having better luck than me,

Danny.

I know my blog posts are looking long I'll be cutting them down, so don't worry :P . This was just an odd night. I'll probably just add all my sessions into one post from now on.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Danny,

I noticed that you made a comment on Gerv's blog about having trouble with opening the tables during the Public Coachings.

Hopefully this link may be of some help to you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Yeah that helped me out, cheers for that mate.

Danny.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey there Danny :)

Very nice looking blog you have. It seems our SSS players tend towards having the best looking blogs on here :D

I like your goals since they are not money based but based on volume & learning! The Steals and re-steals article is quite old and needs to reworked- so I can only recommend that the first thing you do when you reach gold status is to read this article: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/802/

It basically takes the topic of re-raising to the next level. If you haven't already also check out this video by Xarry: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2319

Best regards & good luck!
      SoyCD
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hi Soy,

Thanks for stopping by. The format was "borrowed" from Steve's blog lol.

And thank you for the link, and I'm glad the Steals and resteals will be updated soon. I'll have to wait for my Strategy point problem to be sorted before I can reach Gold though :(

I am so close as well, and now I get the problem lol.

Anyway thanks again,

Danny
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Thanks for stopping by. The format was "borrowed" from Steve's blog lol.
      He borrowed it from me with my permission so you got mine as well now :P ^.^

Looking forward to your progress!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Back To Full Tilt For Now

[B][U]Quick Update[/B][/U]

Well, although I reached my silver VIP status on Pokerstars, I've decided that the rewards are no where close to 27% rakeback at Full Tilt, so I've shipped my Bankroll back to Full tilt. I was going to deposit at Party and clear a bonus there, but after working out how much rakeback I was losing (about $40 for the hands played on pokerstars) I decided I needed the rakeback more. I am hoping that when I start my new job I can deposit $100 at Party anyway and double that up (here's hoping) then once I am all clear I can add that to my main bankroll at Full Tilt and I should also have unlocked gold status on this site giving me access to the new articles (If I get the problem with my Strategy points sorted obviously) :D .
      If I am playing profitable poker during all that time (With the current trend I am not holding my breath) I should have enough of a roll to get to 50NL. It's a plan, but don't know how far along with it I'll get yet. Also I am going to update and suspend some goals on my OP to fit in with the change of poker room. Also, as I am adding the main details in my session details I am just going to post a mini graph so you can see the line, but don't know if you'll be able to see the stats or not.

So here's my last session at stars.

[B][U][I]
      Session Details[/B][/U]

Site: Pokerstars
      Hands: 1,029
      Time Played:1Hr 31Mins
      Tables Total: 39
      Personal Rating: 8/10
      FPP's Earned: 103.5
      Profit/Loss: -$7.35
      Pokerstars Bankroll: A few bucks[/I]

[B]Session Review[/B]

Nothing major, but still a losing session and I didn't really get any playable cards, and no real major hands either, so I won't bother posting any for this session. I think the downswing has returned, just a shame I didn't get an upswing first. Lol.

Anyway that's the end of pokerstars for a while,

Good luck at the tables,

Danny
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [B][I][U]
      First Full Tilt Sessions[/B][/U]

Total Sessions Played: 3
      Total Hands Played: 1,504
      Total Tables Played: 45
      Time Played: 2Hrs 4Mins
      Stakes/Format Played: NL25
      Personal Rating: To stressed out to care.
      FTP's Earned: 206.49
      Profit/Loss: -$23.97
      Total FT Bankroll: $96.28

[B][U]
      The Graph!! [/B][/U]

[B]Session Review[/B]

You know what my present thoughts are? Withdrawl the cash buy something anything and screw poker. I played well and got bad beat after bad beat, QQ vs Q,3, KK vs 56, AK vs AT, AA vs 44, QQ vs (my personal favourite) 8,4os!
      Man, this was the most screwed up session of poker I ever played, the players are that bad that they have no respect for the game or the money on the tables. I saw the most stupid plays I've ever seen in my life. When you are surrounded by idiots what can you do, I mean really? I always went in ahead, yet ended behind... And I do mean always except for 2 occasions, my QQ vs AA which funnily enough I won!! And JJ vs KK which I lost.

I played as I should of in almost every situation, I just don't know, I think maybe this strategy isn't for me.... I am going to have a hard think about it, and if I do play it tomorrow, I'll be on the 10NL tables. I can't take the pressure of sitting in a 25NL when I am losing like this with the best hands.[/I]

Bad Times, :(

Danny

P.S look at the graph in my OP it's updated to most recent game. Lmao. WTF!?
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      I suggest you to play on evenings @ micro stakes.... many American donks with idiot play (it's supposed to be +EV for us but still it's -EV mostly :( ) are at tables around 3-4 a.m.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      @ METALzx - Yeah, I was tempted, but I am going to stick to my limits, until the BRM outlined on this site says I should drop down.

I am on at that time at the minute for most my sessions, just donks are getting lucky, note hand below for one that wasn't so lucky.

Nice Money Maker Amonst The Immense Drop

I started only leaving after the BB reaches me now when I have reached the buy out limit playing SSS ($6.25 my level). Leving me to play hands like this....

Known players:
      BB:
      $35.86
      UTG2:
      $66.00
      MP1:
      $4.65
      MP2:
      $18.24
      MP3(Hero):
      $14.15
      CO:
      $82.51
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) Q, 2, 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.75, Hero raises to $12.9(All-In), UTG2 calls $11.15.

Turn: ($28.65) 4 (2 players)

River: ($28.65) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $28.65.

Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
      UTG2 shows a pair of queens (Qc 3d)
      Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ad Ac).

I was tempted to close all my other tables and stay here, switching to BSS, but as I don't know all the ins and outs I decided against it.... But I hope this is a regular player at my level. Can't believe I won a pot like this and was still down so much for the day. But I am over it now. Lets hope the tables are a little more generous today when I start playing.

Laters,

Danny
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [B][I][U]
      Is NL2 BSS Calling?[/B][/U]

Errgh, the drops continue, I've started reviewing every single hand I play now, even the pre flop folds. And I can't find anything wrong :( . I am just being unlucky meeting higher PP's, losing my 50/50's and getting sucked out on. I have abandoned NL25 now.
      I tried dropping the amount of tables (from 16 to 6) and making more use of my HUD also, but made no difference. I didn't think it would, but anything is worth a try.
      When I return to the tables I'll be at NL10 (if I can bring myself to continue with the SSS that is). I am so very tempted to start BSS at NL2 and begin again. It would be the perfect time I think if I was to make the move.
      I'm not sure yet, I'll mull it over as I write the rest of this blog entry.

[B][U]
      Session Review[/U][/B]

Total Sessions Played: 3
      Total Hands Played: 817
      Total Tables Played: 17
      Time Played: 2Hrs 19Mins
      Stakes/Format Played: NL25
      Personal Rating: 8/10 (Limped a few times when I should of raised or folded)
      FTP's Earned: 82.37
      Profit/Loss: -$15.72
      Total FT Bankroll: $80.53
      [/I]

[B][I]Session Notes[/B]

Nothing much really to add here as if you read the rest of my entries you'll know the problems I'm having and I don't want to turn this into a whinge thread :P .

[B]The Best And Worst Hands Of The Session[/B][/I]

Known players:
      BU:
      $15.55
      SB(Hero):
      $4.73
      BB:
      $4.07
      UTG2:
      $23.58
      MP1:
      $24.75
      MP2:
      $29.12
      MP3:
      $13.42
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      UTG2 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, BU calls $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $23.58(All-In), BU folds, Hero calls $2.48.

Flop: ($29.31) 5, T, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($29.31) 7 (2 players)

River: ($29.31) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $29.31.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of fives (K A)
      UTG2 shows a pair of fives (A J)
      Hero wins with a pair of fives (K A).

Only reason I added this was that my first instinct was to fold here with the 3bet but by using my HUD and the odds chart to make my decision for me,(after looking he had a 35% VPIP over 300+ hands) made it a call for me.

Known players:
      CO:
      $18.68
      BU:
      $24.87
      SB(Hero):
      $4.75
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $6.81
      MP1:
      $27.76
      MP2:
      $9.77
      MP3:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $5(All-In), Hero calls $3.75.

Flop: ($9.75) J, 5, T (2 players)

Turn: ($9.75) 6 (2 players)

River: ($9.75) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.75.

Hero shows a pair of jacks (Jd As)
      BB shows three of a kind, fours (4c 4h)
      BB wins with three of a kind, fours (4c 4h).

I didn't have the right odds and this player was relitively tight, but to be honest the money I am losing in the blinds I think are affecting my decisions in this area.... One point to work on MORE!

In conclusion I just dunno whether to keep playing SSS or change to FL or BSS, the drop from NL25 to NL2 would be a hard adjustment though I think. The dilemma continues....

Good luck at the tables,

Danny
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [B][I][U]
      The Day Of Experiments[/U][/B]

Well, today incase you didn't guess from the title, I was trying out different forms of poker, in a view to change from SSS.
      Here's what I tried, the results and a quick review of each:

NL2 (6 max) - Hands 175 - -$6.05 - Multi- table esimate - 4 - 6.

Review - Hated it, players are to loose, it's to hard to tell where you are in hand and it's definately not the format for me.

NL2 Full Ring - Hands 494 - $1.21 - Multitable estimate - 4 to begin, maybe 8 once more used to the format.

Review - Enjoyed the time playing, even if it is a drop right back to the bottom of the levels, from NL25 it will take a bit of adjustment, but this definately has potential.

NL5 Full Ring - Hands 72 - -$3.69 - Same multitable potential as NL2.

Review - A slight step above where my bankroll says I should be, but just wanted to see if the style of play changed greatly from NL2 and it doesn't and even though this was a losing session, I did enjoy playing.

$0.10/$0.20 Fixed Limit, Full Ring - Hands 218 - Multitable estimate - Not a lot as they are hard to come by at this limit I found only 4 running and one of them broke down while playing.

Review - Love the game, enjoyed my time at the tables, but the limited amount of players really makes this a non-starter. Shame as this could of really been an option.

$0.10/$0.20 Fixed Limit (6max) - Hands 69 - $3.44 - Multitable estimate - Due to the fast pace this game is played i'd say 4, maybe raising to 6 later on.

Review - Love this game a lot, but I can see the potential for major swings in either direction. I'd say great as a bit of fun at this level but would need to be at higher levels for it to be profitable for me. With my current bankroll not allowing me to play higher this may be something to come back to later.

Going to try a bit more SSS now I have access to the gold articles and the more advanced style of play before I make a decision, but it's going to be continue with SSS or BSS at FR....

Guess we'll wait and see,

Danny[/I]
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      [B][I][U]
      Okay, Here's The Compromise[/B][/U]

So, as anyone who's read will know I been trying out new forms of poker... And I really like playing BSS, but also I like the way you can enter higher limits earlier playing SSS. And I enjoy playing a few sets of SnG's.

As you also might of guessed due to my lack of updates, I am still on my downswing, and to make matters worse I did a stupid thing and entered a few MTT's outside of my BR. I did very well in one, 38th/1089 and I was never out of the top 10 chip leaders from about the 15th hand. Only 37 places from $2000 plus change (which pissed me off when I got 3 outted with my pocket kings and took just $35). I lost in the rest..... Sigh.

Anyway, I've decided that I can play all forms.... What says I can't? I know that I will have to buckle down and read a little more, but I can handle that.
      I want to play mainly cash games as I feel this is the area that holds most potential. So when I am right up for a game, and want action I'll play the SSS, and when I feel like a REAL game of poker, I'll play BSS, and then when I am on a downswing I'll just play $1 SnG's (As I think this will limit losses better).

I have started my new job now as well, so although my BR has taken a major dent (Almost 66% down, 33% due to downswing, 33% due to my stupidity).
      Anyway, due to this I am right back where I started at $50 (Laughing at myself here). But I have got to stop playing when I am not really in the mood but have nothinbg better to do, or when I am to tired as this is affecting my decisions (The reviewing of hands helped me determine this).

So, new stakes are as follows:

NL2 - BSS
      NL10 - SSS
      SNG & MTT - Max of $1 (excluding rake)

The new limits are taking some time to get used to I have to admit, but I will get there, I just need to stick to some rules I am going to define for myself now.

Rule 1: Never play tired!! (Most important)
      Rule 2: Never leave BRM outlined on pokerstrategy again.
      Rule 3: If I lose 20% of my bankroll in one day, I leave the tables and don't play poker for the rest of the day or the following day, unless I am clearing a promo that requires daily points (like the Take Two that Full Tilt ran recently) Then I will login only earn those points and leave.
      Rule 4: Play in a quiet enviroment. (distractions are costing me, with misclicks etc)
      Rule 5: Read more articles and watch more videos, now that I have access to gold stuff.

That's all for now, I'll keep you udated,

Danny[/I]
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Bollocks to poker, and bollocks to this blog.

Have fun,

Danny
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Do you follow coachings mate? I think everyone has a downswing one time or another. Just take a break, learn some new things, have fun and restart your engine for a new fresh start!

afaik I dont know if you follow SSS coachings but they add insight into your game! Same goes for BSS

- Gerv
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Bollocks to poker, and bollocks to this blog.

Have fun,

Danny
      Hey MrMardyBum,

Sorry to hear your in a motivational hole.. If you have been following my blog (in the RaisyDaisy section) you will have seen that downswings happen to all of us. I have actually started off each of my last 5 sessions by losing decent chunks of my bankroll and I know how demotivating it can be.

The best condolence for this is to have at least learned something from it all. As long as you are gaining experience and becoming better- it doesn't matter whether you lose $10-30. Take it as a motivation to learn more and to improve. If you enjoy Fixed Limit - then I can only recommend switching to it. Sure it is also swingy - but certainly beatable - and a lot of fun. I took my remaining $10 from my second Mansion starting capital and turned them into over $400 in just a month (before the downswing hit me of course ;D).

Yet even now as I am losing/struggling - I enjoy that I am learning more and improving. The money its costing me at these limits is nothing compared to the value of improving and getting better. In general one should always look at the microstakes for what they are: places in which to improve. You aren't going to get rich there - but simply gather experience and a bankroll for the mid-stakes. Learning to deal with downswings and variance at these lower levels is all part of the preperation ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD