Fl 0.25/0.5

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hey,

A quick question. What do you guys usually sit down with at these tables. I have been sitting down with 10.00 but i notice a lot of people sitting down with smaller amounts.

One thing I think about sitting down with more is that if you actually do hit a good hand you can get full value on it because you will always have enough to go max on all streets.

The opposite is that if you get a bad beat you will always lose the maximum if you go all the way on all streets.

I had never thought of this before, since I had never had a downswing in FL. Was making solid profit everyday until yesterday where I had 4 sets of aces cracked in 2 hours by gutshot straights hitting on the river max betting EVERY single one down.

So basically I lost $24 dollars on just 4 hands and that got me thinking about the smaller buyings.

I opened 4 tables with $5 at each and over the course of a few hours built it up to $40. Unfortunately this still ended me in my first red day ever. Tomorrow I will have Elephant unlocked and will start a blog, but want your opinion before I start.
  • 9 replies
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      If you are winning player then no reason keep short buyin. I dont want fall under 12bb.

Red numbers? Every 3-4 session. Its normal.
      1. +15
      2. +20
      3. +2
      4. +10
      5. -20
      6. -5
      7. +17

and so on :-)

$12.5-15 buyin is healthy, can be more, surrely no less than $6

Anybody another recomendation?

Be bless Verre and if you need any help and I can solve that, write me, qwery1
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      having a short stack in FL is... not good. lol
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Yeah, I hate having a Short Stack, was just wondering what others opinions where.

Actually I had about 17 green days before my first red day in FL. .25/.5 is very fishy. I read the strats on here, loosened it up for SH, and went to work.

My big problem is that I have a winners tilt. If I lose I am very good and grinding to make a small profit. When I win big I get loose. I end up giving most of it back. There is no way to take money off the tables and keep your position if there is a waiting list so its hard to implimint a stop limit like I would do trading stocks.

Any tips for this? I want to have this all down before I start my blog.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      go on a 800BB downswing! that cured my winners tilt in no time! ;)
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Haha, well I have never gone on such a winners tilt that I lose starting capital.

By the time I'm back down to a reasonable 3BB/100 hands I get mad, clamp down and just grind again. The problem is I see this happening over and over, and if i was able to remove funds from a table without leaving it it would probubly solve my problems for me.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      No way be on FL table with less than 12BB

2+2+4+4 -> you need to get maximum value from your good hands...

Regards

TTT
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Verre
      Haha, well I have never gone on such a winners tilt that I lose starting capital.

By the time I'm back down to a reasonable 3BB/100 hands
      1. it's possible to have 800 BB downswing & don't lose BR at the same time ;)

2. 3bb/100 is not reasonable.. It's very nice but it will go down sooner or later.. You can expect ~2 bb/100 on these limits but 3 is too high imo.

// maybe I'm just envious because I've just realized I'm running -0.85 BB/100 over 30k hands..

And as the rest said: 12 BB is minimum reasonable buyin.. 25 BB is good one.. more can be useful.. no way you can buyin with less or keep playing with less than 12 :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      ....if you go all the way on all streets.
      You should never go all the way on one street, let alone all of them. In the name of decency you and your partner should keep this sort of thing private.

I had never thought of this before, since I had never had a downswing in FL. Was making solid profit everyday until yesterday where I had 4 sets of aces cracked in 2 hours by gutshot straights hitting on the river max betting EVERY single one down.
      On a more serious note, make sure you aren't overplaying your overpair hands. There are some occassions to CAP every street with overpairs but these are board and opponent specific.

BTW I had AA x2 and KK x2 in the FIRST 11 HANDS of a session a couple of days ago and lost with three of them - for a grand total of -14BB in 11 HANDS!! - and this includes losing with a set of As and an AA v AQs.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Haha, well my girlfriend likes public places if you know what i mean.

As for those Trip hands, Flop Texture for all hands was as such:

A T x all four times. All 4 times the board did not present any 3 cards of the same suit by the river. All 4 times a rag to no connector came on the turn. All four times i put him on a smaller set. He reraised every raise. First two times a K came on the turn to give his QJ the straight. Third time a J to give his KQ a straight, and Fourth hand a Q to give a KJs a straight.

The first three where 1 player, the fourth was another player.

TBH I would not have changed my play on any streets for any of the hands except my river play but I had no reason to think they where holding a gutshot ANY of the times even after the river.

I unlocked Elephant so keeping track of everything properly starts today and posting hands will be a lot easier.

On a bright note I cleaned up a live cash game last night. I think playing FL has given my NL play a new avenue that I never had before. Turned $20 into $200 over a 4 hour session.