Inactive Account Fee

• AgeOfMyself
      AgeOfMyself
      Bronze
      Hey, an introduction for this thread.

Dear XXXXXX,
      Our records show that that you have not logged in to your account for 180 days.

A €5 administration fee** has been charged to your inactive account. The next charge will be deducted from you account balance on: 18-May-2009 ET.

However, this fee will NOT be charged if your account, or any related account, is reactivated on or before 17-May-2009 ET.

Reactivating your account is easy: Just log in and place a cash wager, enter a tournament with a cash entry fee, or play a raked hand.

**TERMS & CONDITIONS.........

I don't just want to show everybody how ridiculous this is, but I also want to warn others who are going to be inactive at partypoker. Thankfully it is only 5 euro now, but it could be way more for people that see this mail as spam, because the subject is ''Your Account has been inactive for 180 days‏''.

Isn't this just a lame tactic to get more money and eventually losing customers and therefore money? Like nobody reads those damn long TERMS & CONDITIONS. Deducting money from your account without even giving a warning is unacceptable.

I hope that I can prevent that more people will lose money in this way, I would even be glad helping just one person :D .
  • 16 replies
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      wow... this sounds ridiculous... have anybody read their conditions in detail?

I was sending them some nasty emails about their PokerTracker where they did not stated it is limited only to Party... now they updated at least description, so it is clear...

TTT

P.S.: Here we go...

11. INACTIVE ACCOUNT FEES AND ABANDONMENT OF ACCOUNTS

11.1. If You do not access Your Account by 'logging on' to Your Account using Your Account name and password and either (i) place a cash wager or bet via the Services, or (ii) enter a tournament with a cash entry fee via the Gaming Services, or (iii) play a raked hand via the Gaming Services, as applicable, for any consecutive period of 180 days, then after those 180 days (the 'Grace Period') Your Account (and any related account with any ESP) will be deemed 'Inactive'.

11.2. Once Your Account has been deemed Inactive we will be entitled to charge You an administrative fee (the 'Inactive Account Fee'). We will deduct an amount up to the Inactive Account Fee amount from Your Account Balance on the day following the end of the Grace Period and then every thirty (30) days thereafter in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule.

We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from Your Account Balance if Your Account is re-activated by entering a tournament, or making a cash bet or wager, or by playing a raked hand.

• redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      to prevent this you can just log in every 6 months (lol) and play 1 (lol) raked hand

or

cash out all your monies before you leave the site (duh)
      )
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Is there any possibility they will charge you even if there are no money on the account? I mean they will force you deposit or they will threat somehow? Or is this OK, if I withdraw everything and contact support to delete my account? It will better I suppose, I'm not planning to play in PP anymore.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      AFAIK If there are no money, they will deduct some partypoints. And no, they cannot force You to deposit just because of "inactive account fee." I think by depositing any amount Your account is activated again and no fee will be deducted.
      Would be nice if somebody can confirm this since I'm not sure.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I have a party account...i dont play there anymore, i hate the softwear!

If they charge me all i can say is there not getting a penny from me...if they think im going to deposit to get my account balance back to 0 they can think again...there a poker site not a bank.

They im my eyes are becoming more of a joke every day.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      when i first started playing i started with party, then i tried several other rooms, after a while i got an email from party saying they were charging me for inactivity on the site, as i only had a couple of $'s on the account, i wasn't bothered and so i have never played on party since.

my thinking is that they are trying to bully you into playing there, so fcuk em, it's a piss poor suckout site anyway ;)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      But I still don't know if there will be any troubles... Do you think it's possible to contact their support and tell them I want have my account deleted? Waiting for you responses
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Silver
      I don't think they will.

They can't take any more money from you than you got in your account, so just cash out if you decide to stop playing.
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      Hi,

inactivity fee is only charged if:

- you have money into your account
      - you did not use those money to play for 6 months

Using a poker account to "bank" money is illegal in many ways. Poker Accounts are not banks. Party is a public gaming company, not a bank... so here's the fee.

Contact the support of PartyPoker, usually they refund the fee if it is the first time it was charged.

Just play with your money or cash them out.

When your account balance is "zero", you are not charged in any way.

I guess you just could not cash out some cents/small amounts, so you received the mail. I do not see why are so pissed with this.
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      This is not such a big deal.... :f_confused:
    • guidosuller
      guidosuller
      Black
      Originally posted by Dante63s
      This is not such a big deal.... :f_confused:
      You are a fish xD :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    • ti60
      ti60
      Bronze
      @ Reanimater

Hi,

Absolutely true, this fee is charged till your account balance is 0.

Just contact the Customer Service, they will refund you (always). This is meant to protect your money not to steal it from you, and, of course, to get you back at PP.com :)

The thought about banking the money is a really good point...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      which brings me to the next question... are ALL other sites like this?
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Thx AgeOfMyself for bringing that to our attention :tongue:

I think this would be a way to get the last penny's of people with a couple dollars in their account who have moved to a different site. Smart really because their not making rake off of your 4dollars sitting in your account, so their just going to take it! In the end, PP = rubish. :f_biggrin:
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      They are making interest on your money sitting in your account, i think it's a joke they charge you for giving them your money and they still make money by doing thing. But didn't know you could email them and they would give it back.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I don't think it's non-sense. Why do you keep your money in PP ? Withdraw it if you are so concerned about it. You can't just keep dumping your money there without playing with it. Also please keep in mind that all the banks in the world charge for a fee. Some banks even charge monthly. Can you cry to them ? No. They also don't give your $$$ back. Email or call PP customer support and explain the situation. They'll either refund or give you the same of the $$$ charged as a bonus to you. Don't be so lazy to withdraw YOUR $$$. After all you are playing for it right ???