Moneybookers giving me the finger

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I want to deposit in Moneybookers with my credit card but for some reason they can't verify my card with them.

I called my bank twice, first time the guy hung up as soon as he heard my name, second time a lady says to contact moneybookers because they have no record of attempted transactions.

I go to the MB site and I can't find an email address anywhere...
  • 26 replies
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      There is a link"Email support" there on the left somewhere. Then go to 'my account' and and find 'general my account inquires' or something like that.

They provide you with a box where you can type your message, after you send it you'll get a support ticked id.

Sometimes it may take a while for the transaction to reflect on your cc. What I had to do to verify is go to my bank and request a bank statement for my cc. I then scanned this in and submitted it to moneybookers.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      thanks, I'll chech that out.

Does anyone use Paypal?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood

Does anyone use Paypal?
      I used to use Paypal quite a bit. But someone hacked my account and bought himself a gold membership to some random site. Removed my creditcard from the site and pretty much haven't been there since :P
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88

Does anyone use Paypal?
      I used to use Paypal quite a bit. But someone hacked my account and bought himself a gold membership to some random site. Removed my creditcard from the site and pretty much haven't been there since :P
      But Paypal would work just like moneybookers in theory right?
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      I called my bank twice, first time the guy hung up as soon as he heard my name...
      euhm... change bank??

btw, i use paypal. it's similar to moneybookers, but i don't think most (if any) pokersites accept it. (paypal doesn't allow it's service to be used in relation to online gambling anyway)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by riv3rd4ncer
      I called my bank twice, first time the guy hung up as soon as he heard my name...
      euhm... change bank??

btw, i use paypal. it's similar to moneybookers, but i don't think most (if any) pokersites accept it. (paypal doesn't allow it's service to be used in relation to online gambling anyway)
      Im guessing its a problem on MB's side, I sent them an email and should get an answer soon.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Yeah you can't use paypal to deposit on poker sites which kinda sucks.

I recently opened a moneybookers account with no problems so if I were you I would send them an email.

Good luck
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      UPDATE:

I recieved an email from MB:

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT FROM THE MONEYBOOKERS SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

TO REPLY YOU MUST LOGIN TO YOUR MONEYBOOKERS ACCOUNT AND SEND US A MESSAGE
      VIA THE ACCOUNT/SECURITY SECTION OF OUR MESSAGING CENTRE.
      ********************************************************************************

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for contacting Moneybookers Customer Service concerning credit card verification.

Further to your query, please be informed that we looked into your issue and according to our records, we did not manage to debit a small random amount from your credit/debit card because of some kind of restriction applied by your bank. Please note that sometimes the bank or credit-card issuer may apply a restriction to your credit/debit card and in this way the respective card can not be used for online payments or a small amount with a gaming description may not be debited from it. We can assure you that there is no problem on our behalf or your Moneybookers account. Therefore, you are kindly advised to contact your bank in order to acquire more information regarding that matter. Please inform your bank that you need to use the respective credit/debit card with Moneybookers and state that payments with gaming description have to be made with it.

Provided that you communicate the above issues with your bank and you still experience difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us again with further details so that we will be able to resolve the matter in a proper manner.

We hope that you may find the above information useful. Should you have further questions or concerns, we are always glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Anita
      The Moneybookers team

Of course, this email doesnt help me AT ALL...

So I called my bank and they tell me the same thing, that thay havent any transactions registered by MB to my card...

So I get curious and google "moneybookers review" and guess what:
      http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews126088.html
      people giving MB bad reviews, so now I have doubts as to what to do.

MB doesnt do business with USA so I wonder if my Honduran card from Citibank is the problem? If it is, wouldnt MB tell me this?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Paypal is fine.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I want to deposit in Moneybookers with my credit card
      Why not just deposit via the credit card? Why would you need Moneybookers for that? Just issue a new Visa card and you're good to go anywhere in the poker world I believe. At least what's what I did and it worked fine.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      I want to deposit in Moneybookers with my credit card
      Why not just deposit via the credit card? Why would you need Moneybookers for that? Just issue a new Visa card and you're good to go anywhere in the poker world I believe. At least what's what I did and it worked fine.
      What I want to do is move my BR around from one site to another, bonus clearing. I have more than half my 1.1k roll in Titan, the rest in Mansion. From what Ive read here at PS, these sites require me to deposit before I withdraw, and I cant withdraw to a card.

So my idea is to deposit some of my personal money into Mansion, clear the 200% bonus, withdraw from Mansion, deposit into Titan, clear Titan bonus, withdraw from Titan and voila! My BR is one solid lump (if needed)and I can climb limits (if needed).
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Oh I get it.

Then there might be an issue with the type of card. Mine is Visa Electron and moneybookers registered it, no problem. And I've used them for a few transactions and I can say they did the job so I can't say negative stuff about them.

When I start clearing bonuses I'm gonna use their services again it seems.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      My card is a VISA Citibank
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Mine electron too and i'm happy with MB services.
      Change bank if they can't even tell wtf is going on. Can't imagine what kind of restriction it should be that you can't even make a small transaction to a bank acc located in your country.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      maybe Im giving MB wrong info or something...I dunno
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by riv3rd4ncer
      euhm... change bank??

Wrong.... Follow link....Poker Rooms That Accept Paypal.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Titan will allow you to withdraw directly to your Visa if you deposit from it afaik.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Titan will allow you to withdraw directly to your Visa if you deposit from it afaik.
      hmm interesting...

*images of Titan popup appear in my head*

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    • tiptonred
      tiptonred
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      Yeah you can't use paypal to deposit on poker sites which kinda sucks.

I recently opened a moneybookers account with no problems so if I were you I would send them an email.

Good luck
      Thats not strictly true. Certain sites do allow paypal deposits

Party Poker
      Ladbrokes Poker
      Betfair

They all accept Paypal.