What is the easiest way to get 800FTP with 50$ ?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      I have a cash bonus pending and I need another 800FTP to release the remaining 80$ in there.
      I consider depositing another 50$ dedicated to release that bonus. I'm not sure SSS is good enough since last time I only lost money with it.

What do you think is the best / fastest way to release that bonus with 50$ BR?
  • 8 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      If you can handle it you should play SSS on 8 tables. If you lose money when playing SSS you should take a look at the Full Tilt academy and watch the video about 5 Common Hold 'em Leaks. If you manage to break even you can earn those points pretty quick.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Thank you.
      Are you sure SSS ? 50$ means 10NL game which doesnt get a lot of FPP as I recall
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Your thread title reminded me of a joke..........

What is the easiest way to get to $800 playing poker?

Start with $2000.................... :D
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Your thread title reminded me of a joke..........

What is the easiest way to get to $800 playing poker?

Start with $2000.................... :D
      Lol... how does a woman makes a guy a millionaire ?

She marries him when he is Billionaire :-)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      DON'T invest another 50$ with the aim of clearing the bonus. It sounds paranoid, but that is exactly what they're hoping you'll do.

You need to think of the bonus as free money which it would be great if you could clear but not the actual purpose of playing. If you risk your own money to clear it, you're falling into a bit of a trap. Ask yourself what you'll do if you lose that money (which you realistically could if you have lost money with SSS in the past)? Will you deposit another 50$? I would counsel you not to risk your own real money for the chance to win 'notional' money.

If you play SSS strictly according to the charts, imho, you cannot fail to make money, long term, on the lower limits; but you do have to be very patient and very disciplined. However, I really think it's a prerequisite to be able to play SSS profitably before you consider moving on to anything else. If you can't do so profitably, there is a good chance you won't be able to make money at any other Holdem variety either - SSS is basically the start point of NL Holdem. Everything else requires more skill/decision making and is therefore less suitable for the kind of multitable grinding that bonus-clearing demands.

best of luck,
      Tim
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Why the rush? Take your time in clearing it. By being impatient you're taking an unnecessary risk. Play whatever game you know best, even if it will take 2x as long to get those points.

To clear my bonus at another site I started making profits at SnG,s but points came too slowly. So I switched to FL. I lost about $60 clearing a $50 bonus :( If you're not confident about your SSS, do not play it for the sake of clearing your points.

Sure, the fastest way may be SSS. But the best way? Play your best game.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      That's a pretty good point. Besides that you have 4 months to clear your bonus. That's a lotta time.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      That's a pretty good point. Besides that you have 4 months to clear your bonus. That's a lotta time.
      2 monthes left :-) and I lost all i deposited because of poor BRM and tilt