This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quiz of the Week: NL - Playing vs. Other SSS Players

• 5 replies
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total 40 out of 45 possible points. This corresponds to 89 %!

Pretty good for a guy that doesnt play NL and has never played SSS :P

Btw just a minor error in your post "the silver Fixed Limit strategy article called" -> its actually No Limit article
    • Snuggles666
      Snuggles666
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total 38 out of 45 possible points. This corresponds to 84 %!
      I have a hard time playing TT or JJ :( Great quiz by the way :D
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      45/45 :P

liked the quiz and the explanations =D
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      44/45 ^^ too bad i can't really use stats :(
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      43/45, interesting test. I find these Questions in Particular interesting;

Question 3;

MP2 Limp/3better. I think this is very opponent specific and an SSS player is easily capable of playing KK+ this way, however in my experience, if an SSS player likes to play KK+ this way they normally do it out of UTG and not MP. So I call and take a note.

Question 7;

Again, opponent Specific, but i often like to assume an expanded openraise range for UTG+2 of TT+ AQ+, sometimes even 99 gets openraised in UTG+2. I think the limit a fold would be most advisable on in this spot would in fact, be NL100 on PartyPoker.

(Sorry, i can't really be bothered to write in a full EV calculation here, but if you want to do it for me, I think most likely openraise range TT+ AQ+ (99) and a calling range of either JJ+ AK+ or QQ+ AKS depending on villain ofc)

Question 13;

Assuming Villain 3bet range of JJ+ AK+ we have 33.7% Equity with TT. Pot is $10.3 accounting for 5% rake so we can call a $3.47 bet. We actually have to call a $3.5 bet here so i think its marginal enough to fold.

However, assuming our own pfr is 8 and we are sitting in MP2 Villain is more likely to 3bet with TT+ AQ+. Against this range we have 40.3% Equity which means we can call a $4.15 raise! This turns calling into a definate +ev decision.

Again this is opponent specific, but i like to fold against Basic SSS and Call against Advanced SSS or Villains who can decieve their range.

Thats my take on some things anyhoo :) (Oh, i didn't actually read the article beforehand so i may be using the wrong logic to find my answers :p)