how to built a good BR

• Badmemory
      Badmemory
      Bronze
      Hey folks..

I've been playing poker for a couple of years - and now i'm trying to built up a BR (bankroll) from 10$ to 1000$ or maybe more :)
      any of you got some good advices to how it can be done? i'm up to 180$ now. so there's still some way to my goal.

good luck to everyone out there.. :D
  • 22 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Just play good poker with solid bankroll managemet ,dont make cashouts and your bankroll will grow inevitably.
    • Badmemory
      Badmemory
      Bronze
      well yeah.. that's what i'm trying to do.. but ty for your suggestion :)
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      you give very few details about the way you play... for example if you play SSS and feel confident enough to try BSS you might win more with this strategy (or master the higher levels which could also lead to a higher winrate (in terms of dollars not bets)), you can increase the number of tables you play at the same time... and on... and on...

also if you made $180 out of $50 in 2 days, than you'll be at 1k in a short while... if it took you a year, you might need to improve your game and are just on a high right now... see what i am trying to say?

to improve your game you could post hands on the sample hands forum and also try to make your mind up about other posted hands... also use the other content as articles, videos and coachings... especially rereading the articles is very useful i think... you think all the time... bla bla.. boring i know all this, but then you find something that you forgot or did not incorporate in your play...

all the best for your goal
    • Badmemory
      Badmemory
      Bronze
      ty for that good answer thebigheizung85.. :)

i'll try to do the things you mentioned.. so i'll be posting hands in the near future.. :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      play FL obviously
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      play FL obviously
      Why FL builds bankroll over SnG and BSS ?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      play FL obviously
      it just does. it's the basic rule of poker, you know ;) .
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thebigheizung85
      you give very few details about the way you play... for example if you play SSS and feel confident enough to try BSS you might win more with this strategy (or master the higher levels which could also lead to a higher winrate (in terms of dollars not bets)), you can increase the number of tables you play at the same time... and on... and on...

also if you made $180 out of $50 in 2 days, than you'll be at 1k in a short while... if it took you a year, you might need to improve your game and are just on a high right now... see what i am trying to say?

to improve your game you could post hands on the sample hands forum and also try to make your mind up about other posted hands... also use the other content as articles, videos and coachings... especially rereading the articles is very useful i think... you think all the time... bla bla.. boring i know all this, but then you find something that you forgot or did not incorporate in your play...

all the best for your goal
      Hello Badmemory,

There is some excellant advice in thebigheizung85's reply and i would take note and implement these ideas.

As for which strategy is best, then i would personally recommend that you play whatever you feel the most comfortable playing. Some play will prefer SnGs to build a bankroll, some will prefer SSS, some will prefer.......etc.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      play FL obviously
      +1

Absolutely correct. You can try those other odd variants of poker, but ultimately FL will make you more ruggedly good looking and with a higher success rate when out on the pull. :s_cool:

And build a better BR of course. :f_tongue:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      play FL obviously
      +1

Absolutely correct. You can try those other odd variants of poker, but ultimately FL will make you more ruggedly good looking and with a higher success rate when out on the pull. :s_cool:

And build a better BR of course. :f_tongue:
      + you can miniraise people without getting flamed :P .
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      building a BR = winning money. You really think there's some magic secret answer to winning $1000?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suvalgysiu
      building a BR = winning money. You really think there's some magic secret answer to winning $1000?
      ..... has pokerstrategy not told you anything?

Hold it, dont go to the bathroom for 3 days! then while finally peeing repeat "I WILL RESPECT BRM" 200 times, BEFORE you finish peeing. Then get to the ocean catch a fish and a shark. eat the shark so you can "become" a shark, then strip naked and rub the fish everywhere on your body, to represent in the future, the fish that you want all around you.

Do that you'll make 1k in 20 hands TOPS.
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze

Hold it, dont go to the bathroom for 3 days! then while finally peeing repeat "I WILL RESPECT BRM" 200 times, BEFORE you finish peeing. Then get to the ocean catch a fish and a shark. eat the shark so you can "become" a shark, then strip naked and rub the fish everywhere on your body, to represent in the future, the fish that you want all around you.

HAHAHA thats so funnY !
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77

god damn gold articles!
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      How to build a BR: Study the game, and play poker.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      How to build a BR: Study the game, and play poker.
      and play with a decent BRM.

Thread closed imo :P
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze

god damn gold articles!
      yup, has to be gold, nothing of the sort on silver.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze

Umm... EAT the SHARK then RUB the FISH over you... dammit... another leak found... :f_mad:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      LOL dadude77, awesome stuff! :P

Some good advice, posting hands deffo helps, there is something that hasn't been mentioned yet tho: Rakeback! Not sure if u are playing linked through pokerstrategy, but PS has some really nice rakeback deals available that will help boost ur BR a lot! U should check out those offers and see if any suit u.