NL10 profitable?

    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.01.2009 Posts: 202
      I'm currently playing NL5 but have enough money to move up to NL10 in my bankroll.

      I'm interested to see if anybody is making a decent profit on this level as there would appear to be at least 4 SSS at every table. Its not profitable to play BSS against a number of SSS?

      Would appreciate any coments.
  • 15 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.03.2009 Posts: 2,206
      Hi, which site are you playing on, I did my "training" if you like on SSS 10NL and I have a PT database of about 5,000 players at that limit if you would like it.

      Full Tilt and Pokerstars are the sites I have.

      I could offer you a graph but I'm afraid I made a lot of beginners mistakes at 10NL and I did make a small profit but my main boosts were from being able to clear bonuses so quickly using SSS.

      Let me know,


      Danny
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.01.2009 Posts: 202
      Hi Danny,

      I'm playing on party, NL5 seems quite easy if you select your tables correctly. I too was clearing bonuses by multi tabling untill party changed their points structure, now i'm down to 2 tables and making far more money than I did out of the bonuses as I can pay close attention. i have a graph of 2k hands since I have been doing this, I would upload it but not sure how. If you join party I have a database with approx 180k hands in it from NL5 & NL10.

      Regards,

      Jon
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2008 Posts: 903
      I've just finished with BSS FR NL10 on Titan......very profitable i'm doing NL20 now.

      There are lots of min buy in at tables, but Min buy in does not always equal sss. Most min buy in are just scared money, with very few playing genuine sss.

      Give it a go!
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.01.2009 Posts: 202
      Cheers andy, I'll give it a go, will soon spot the SSS with a decent database. Played it myself so know their range. Made a lot of cash on NL5 with PP that turned to trips on the flop, disadvantage with playing a SSS is you don't get the odds to call their raise.

      Off topic:
      Any idea how to post a graph/image on these forums?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.03.2008 Posts: 2,805
      Yes, BSS is very profitable at NL10. Very Easy, lots of bad players who go broke on nothing. Just wait for good hands at the right tables and the money will come to you.

      The SSS players are either learning, Half Decent since they're still on NL10 or not SSS players at all. If you know how to play back at them and have good Opponent Analysis skills you can achieve a monstrous edge against them, but its still advisable to Tableselect to avoid pure-min-buy-in tables :p
    • InER
      InER
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2008 Posts: 14
      I haven't played for about two weeks but i have been playing 10NL for about 2 months. It is definitely profitable. I sometimes think players are worse at 10NL then 5NL.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.04.2009 Posts: 664
      Party doesn't have NL5, but NL10 can be beaten pretty easily. Thursday I made 12,5 BI in only 1600 hands.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2008 Posts: 903
      I crushed NL10 BSS on Titan :s_biggrin:

      Most short stacks are NOT playing ss but scared money......eat them

      Unfortunately I am currently having my ass kicked hard on NL20 :f_cry:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.10.2008 Posts: 1,516
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      Hi Danny,

      I'm playing on party
      lol it is in Party poker section :P mrmardybum :D


      But more seriously, there is a difference between if they're SSS or just shortstackers. if you use tracking software I think its really necessary to look at the vpip/pfr of some of the shortstackers, to tell the difference between people who play ss*S* (they actually have a strategy :P ) and fish who just buy in for the min :)
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.04.2009 Posts: 413
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I've just finished with BSS FR NL10 on Titan......very profitable i'm doing NL20 now.

      There are lots of min buy in at tables, but Min buy in does not always equal sss. Most min buy in are just scared money, with very few playing genuine sss.

      Give it a go!
      /\ Exactly this. /\


      Found lots of SS players in NL5 and NL10 on party, actually found only 2/3 players with a Strategy, the most were just cheap players acting randomly.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      - On NL10 you can go broke vs average player with TPTK or better. OP if villains good.

      - Identify shorties asap and put them in one of 4 categories:
      A. mouse/scared money/tight
      B. drunk/aggro/maniac
      C. SSS
      D. Calling station

      - Play according to their type.
      A. Prone to fold to bluffs, he will continue with a hand.
      B. Stack him with TPTK or better. You can make calls with good hands if you think he will bet/bluff.
      C. Steal his blinds, respect his bets
      D. Stack him(bet,bet,bet) with TPTK or better, dont bluff him, he will not fold.

      All limits are profitable, if you read the articles of that level. To beat NL10 you need to read all bronze articles and watch some or all bronze videos.
      If you feel scared of playing with such big stacks on NL10, this is perfectly normal and you will get used to it. Usually after losing a few stacks lol
      If you continue to feel scared then make a bigger BR or make sure you are playing well by posting your hands. This will boost your confidence.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.03.2009 Posts: 4,676
      Originally posted by degre
      Found lots of SS players in NL5 and NL10 on party, actually found only 2/3 players with a Strategy, the most were just cheap players acting randomly.
      +1

      Most shortstackers on Party Poker are just playing shortstacked cause they don't wanna risk losing too much money at once. They're not doing it cause it's part of a strategy and they're definitely not following the SSS as we know it.

      A shortstacker that starts calling you for example is not a "real" SSS player, as our Pokerstrategy SSS says never to call, but to fold or raise afaik.
      I am making notes constantly while playing. Every time I see what and how the shorty's at my tables are playing I make notes so I know if they are real SSS players or just bads...

      But I see where you're coming from. It's VERY VERY annoying to play your usual BSS style. It's almost impossible to play on set mining which is what you get most of your profit from, at least I was on Pokerstars.

      Tbh... I'm currently looking into learning Fixed Limit so I can clear my Party Poker bonus playing FL. Until then I'm just looking for tables with max 4 shorty's on 10NL.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.03.2009 Posts: 2,206
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I crushed NL10 BSS on Titan :s_biggrin:

      Most short stacks are NOT playing ss but scared money......eat them

      Unfortunately I am currently having my ass kicked hard on NL20 :f_cry:
      It's because NL20 isn't a real limit :f_p:
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.01.2009 Posts: 479
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      Hi Danny,

      I'm playing on party, NL5 seems quite easy if you select your tables correctly. I too was clearing bonuses by multi tabling untill party changed their points structure, now i'm down to 2 tables and making far more money than I did out of the bonuses as I can pay close attention. i have a graph of 2k hands since I have been doing this, I would upload it but not sure how. If you join party I have a database with approx 180k hands in it from NL5 & NL10.

      Regards,

      Jon
      I play NL5 and thinking of moving up to NL10, would it be possible for me to see this database?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 741
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Hi, which site are you playing on, I did my "training" if you like on SSS 10NL and I have a PT database of about 5,000 players at that limit if you would like it.

      Full Tilt and Pokerstars are the sites I have.

      I could offer you a graph but I'm afraid I made a lot of beginners mistakes at 10NL and I did make a small profit but my main boosts were from being able to clear bonuses so quickly using SSS.

      Let me know,


      Danny
      Hi!

      i dont know if you still check this thread but i just started on partypoker on NL10 and i have no hands on any1 :f_frown: for my hold em manager

      can i please have your hand histories?