$20,00
      UTG1:
      $10,81
      Hero:
      $10,30
      BU:
      $17,88

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,50) 4:spade: , 6:heart: , 5:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,40, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,30) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,30) 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1,30

Is it okay to bet flop? I had (very small) top pair against al lot of opponents...
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I'd prefer to raise it up here and isolate or just fold, I am not a big fan of limping such hands.

As played
      Flop: It's fine, if you get any action then fold to a raise.
      Turn: Check behind.
      River: Check/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I'd prefer to raise it up here and isolate, I am not a big fan of limping such hands

You definitely play SH on higher limits :D I have few Q:
      1) Why not overlimp and hope for multiway pot.On NL10 you did not often get isolation raise+in microlimits often u don't have enough FE to push them from pot by simple cbet+ it's cheapier to limp/fold ,that to raise /fold.
      And regarding position- is A6s is good enough for isolation in FR from MP2?
      2)I agree with your plan for flop and etc.It's rational and aggressive.Sometimes against aggro players I have different line.Since tp6tk is not the best tp+a bit scary board I have doubts if we have enough value to bet by ourself,but we have showdown value for sure so I'd check/call small bet;Check or call (depends on size if big then fold) on turn and bet for value or call river.Such passive line lets not isolate myself against better hands and induce bluffs.
      How do u think about it?
      Thanks
      GL. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dallievas
      I'd prefer to raise it up here and isolate, I am not a big fan of limping such hands

You definitely play SH on higher limits :D I have few Q:
      1) Why not overlimp and hope for multiway pot.On NL10 you did not often get isolation raise+in microlimits often u don't have enough FE to push them from pot by simple cbet+ it's cheapier to limp/fold ,that to raise /fold.
      And regarding position- is A6s is good enough for isolation in FR from MP2?
      2)I agree with your plan for flop and etc.It's rational and aggressive.Sometimes against aggro players I have different line.Since tp6tk is not the best tp+a bit scary board I have doubts if we have enough value to bet by ourself,but we have showdown value for sure so I'd check/call small bet;Check or call (depends on size if big then fold) on turn and bet for value or call river.Such passive line lets not isolate myself against better hands and induce bluffs.
      How do u think about it?
      Thanks
      GL. :)
      Why not to limp? Because we don't really want to see multiway pot with such hand because you could so easily do mistakes on postflop play with such hand, you will need some experience to play such hand profitable, that's why I'd prefer to be in small pot with such hand or just fold, don't play at all.
      It's kinda freeplay because of limping there and such stuff, you don't have to get fancy with your TP there, it's multiway pot and it could be very easily that someone is holding a better hand here, it's better to play for pot control in such spot. Also I made the decision of UTG AF, you I know that it ain't enough hands but I made just an example for you how I would have played against very passive player.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot :)