Bored/tired while reading articles/videos?

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I don't know if this is allowed but I would like to poll the members of PS.com and see how many have trouble finding the motivation to read PS strat articles and/or watch PS videos. I get tired/bored very fast for some reason. This translates to me dreading having to read an article or watch a video which btw, I know is neccesary for me to become a good player some day. atm, I read at most 1 article and watch 1 video per 7-10 days =/

Please post and say how many articles you read per week, how many videos you watch and if you get tired/bored easily while doing this.
  • 13 replies
    • numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      The beginner articles (basic & bronze section) were very interesting for me because they are not so many and they are simple but give you significant advantage against normal fishy players. Videos are even more interesting, I wish there were more of them. :)

In the silver section the number of articles increases and they become more complex, so I read only 1-2 a day. It's not good that you get bored because these require more than one reading. You can't just read 15-20 articles and get everything right.

If you don't want to read the articles => you don't want to make your game better => you don't want to be a good player :)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I was like this but I found an easy way to read the articles print them and put them in your bathroom ... they make good reading material :D

The videos on the other hand I don't know... When I was new to a new type of game (eg. moving from FR to SH) I had a ton of motivation because I am a super nit when it comes to my BR, and I didn't want to to start out loosing when there are videos of winning players here :P

Hope that helps. best of luck
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I didn't read any gold article while I was gold, I'm going to print them and read them at university (when hitting gold again, i have 806 sp and still silver :rolleyes: ) .... at least I'll have something to do.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Needless to say, I watch all the videos and have read all the articles 4-5 times.Whenever I feel I have some problem after a session, I go back to review my game and if I feel that an element is missing, I reread the corresponding article.

Im currently entering the deepish theory material, so the PS articles look simple and interesting compared to sklansky.

As for motivation, well, not starving next month should be enough for me :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      [x] another whine post in a different forum. why?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I'm always eagerly anticipating the next SH video by Hasenbraaten :]
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I get bored by reading this thread. Get the fuck over it imo ^^
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      I was like this but I found an easy way to read the articles print them and put them in your bathroom ... they make good reading material :D

The videos on the other hand I don't know... When I was new to a new type of game (eg. moving from FR to SH) I had a ton of motivation because I am a super nit when it comes to my BR, and I didn't want to to start out loosing when there are videos of winning players here :P

Hope that helps. best of luck
      Thanks, I'll print them out and should read them in about a week lol
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I get bored by reading this thread. Get the fuck over it imo ^^
      I lol'd
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I used to get bored with studying articles/videos too. Try changing the way you learn - spend some time in the hand evaluation section looking at other peoples hands, ask yourself how you would play them, then compare your answer to the judges. If the judges answer differs greatly from yours, have a look at the appropriate strategy article and try to see where you got it wrong. This helped me much more than just reading and rereading articles.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I can get bored by reading/watching something I already know almost by heart. If I don't know it and it's interesting as is the case with the articles here I can't get bored.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I find maths hard. I find retaining multiple ideas hard. I find pages of examples difficult to read and re-read.

But, if it was easy, winning would be harder still as everyone would do it.

Put in the work, get the results. Very little in this world of value is easy.

Ultimately, I find losing hard - that is all the motivation any of us should need.

Best of luck finding your muse. :)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker

LOL i do same thing haha