A good session at last.

• aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Tonight I had my first good session. I've played now for 6 weeks or so, and been up, then down, up, then down. I've had a few bad sessions, due to my bad play and bad beats combined, and won some back here and there, and managed to stay slightly in front, but tonight the cards just kicked arse. The AK's flopped me 2 pair, the flush draws filled out, one big pot to a gutshot straight because pot odds gave me the go ahead. I got FH with rubbish on a limped BB twice!! I reckon there were people cursing me. And I seemed to get players willing to call me. Even raise when I had the nuts. I guess sometimes it just goes that way.

One bad table early in the session, and a good lesson. I was on a table with a MANIAC on a lucky streak. In the end, he infected everyone, because madness seemed to set in, people wanted to beat him, but his crap kept coming good. I played only my good hands, but stayed in too long sometimes, and lost one big hand to a river flush, and my objectivity was shot. I am from now on going to leave any table where I see that happening, and I am going to leave it early. It cannot be beaten, but it can hurt. It cost me 20BB, but still left my session even at that point, because of a couple of other tables. In the end, I played 400 hands (3 tables) in less than two hours, and finished 56 BB in front.

I've now looked at Bankroll Management, because I thought that I could go up a level. The text regarding micro levels says lower levels can be approached more aggressively, and advances can be made if you have 200 BB, up to .25/.50. Once you hit the next level you need 350 BB. When I first read the article, it spelled out that once $65 was reached, advance to .15/.30 was approved, which is slightly more than 200 BB, but understandable. The table on the last page has been changed since then, and now it says that only go to that level with $90, which is 300 BB. This contradicts what is on the page before. Maybe someone can look at this, and give some clarification?

And don't worry, I don't expect that I will have sessions like this every other day. But I don't mind if I get one here and there.
  • 3 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      As you know our articles/content is not static and we are working constantly to improve them and of course update them.

PartyPoker made 2 major changes the last motnh that made us change the Bankroll managment.

1) They implemented regular Micro Limit Tables. Before you could only play on micro limit tables the first 45 days.

2) They increased the time to clear the bonus.

Before these changes a quick raise in the limits was necessary to clear the bonus and establish yourself at PartyPoker. But now you have all the time you need.

And the 300 BB Rule for FR tables is the most comfortable way to climb up the limits safely.

So everything is all right with the article :)

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ok, I understand. The article does need a little editing though, because the earlier page advises going up with only 200 BB. This is confusing, since we now don't want this to happen.

In any case, I'll remain at the lower level a while longer. Somewhere in the future, I want to make $1000 a week from this, so I can work my way to that.

Thanks for your time, Stefan, it is appreciated.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Thx for your note i will edit the article.