[NL2-NL10] Nl5 FR A7 Flopped FH but can I ever call river????????????????

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,78
      MP1:
      $4,18

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,15, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,35) A:club: , A:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0,35) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,15, MP1 raises to $0,30, Hero calls $0,15.

River: ($0,95) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $3,73 (All-In), Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,95

Flopped FH but can I ever call river????????????????
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would take a bet/bet/bet line here just because there are so many worse that would either call or try a move at you.

But I guess checking the flop isnt so bad. But turn I would bet 0.3 to start with and 3-bet his raise , just because I am OOP and vant to get as much money in as possible.

As played bet out river for sure about 0.8 , and call shove. He might easily have Ax , flushes or straights , even lower fh like JJ/KK. I can`t really see myself folding here even for more than that
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Fold!

As played
      Flop: I'd likely start to build up the pot right here, so bet near pot.
      Turn: Bet near pot again and might even try to get in here and hope he has a flush here or a Ax hand. We are trying to get maximum value from him.
      River: Bet/Shove.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop: fold
      Flop: no need to be greedy and slowplay.Why ? u see it on the river :D So bet/r/
      3bet.If he have Ax hand he calls,if he have not he do not pay you off anyway.
      Turn:still bet/3bet big/push.You are beaten only by AJ.
      River:often u will see better full house but not necessary sometimes flush,trips, straight,bluff from aggro since you play hand weak.Considering that opp is 31/29 it can be not only AJ,AK hand (12/8 of course have more AK,AJ than him).I'd call opp who is aggressive on the river,known bluffer,if my mood is good,if he is durrr and etc.You need reads with what type of hands he pushes the river- the nuts or II,III rd nuts.
      GL :)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Bad, scared money fold.

You cant afford to be seeing monsters under the bed in this kind of situation. The only time you can reasonably fold a boat is when you have the crappy end of, for example, a 99TTA type board (you hold the 9). Every other time you really have to pay as you nearly always are in front.

On a board such as that, always bet out. Either the villain is going to have an A and pay you out or they arnt - there is almost nothing you can "give" a villain that lets him pay you here without getting you beat. A flush drawer might still even pay to draw to his dead flush anyway, while if they hold KK/QQ/JJ/TT they are at least calling, probably raising your flop bet not believing you hold 77 or Ax, more likely putting you on 22-JJ minus 77.

Bet-bet-bet lines. The earlier you shove this one the better. If you fold a guy out its because he didnt have a hand that could improve and pay you without beating you anyway.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hello,

Correct, re-reading the hand, should have betted. Yeah it was a scared money fold, bad bad bad...

Took some nasty beats early on, with only 1 or 2 better hands possible and lost all of them...

Should have called it a day much earlier yesterday :D

Thanks for your comments!