NL10 SH Video

• 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      AJ hand: I prefer checking the turn, i mean AQ+ hands would most likely 3bet you preflop and if not, then would most likely go for c/r flop (esp AxKc) so kind of only JT pays you here. IMHO.

8:50 pocket deuces, i don't think set mining here is profitable as villain will rarely have a hand which he likes.

10:26 or smth, A9o seems like a pretty good spot to iso.
      Also on one table you didn't set mine vs midstacker and on other did. Don't remember exact times. About thing you said that you don't see c/r bluffs at these limits, i have to disagree with that.

23:42 i call turn and reev river, doubt that he'd continue on river with air.
      26:50 or smth, i c-bet more, as for when he c/r you, sometimes i call, and try to get it in on turn, sometimes i raise it back, but as your c-bet was so small i think you just turn your hand face up by reraising him.
      but with 45/18 he's probably not thinking much about your hand, anyway, i see him c/r bluffing here a lot so by calling you could get one aditional bet out of him as he could feel forced to lead the turn.

30:00 42s hand, what would you do if get raised on river?
      GTG now, so won't finish watching vid. There are some more spots that i disagree, but i play kind of differently, so just sharing personal opinion. :)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Way to go spamming your vid in every forum :tongue:

I watched some of it and I also disagree on some things... the main thing I remember is that you don't open raise A9o from CO but KTo from MP :tongue: . Sorry, I didn't do it thoroughly enough to comment on all the things... but just saying ;)
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Woah, crazy wall of text. Thanks for the feedback though :D

AJ Hand: I'm not looking for payment when I bet this turn. I'm looking to protect because I think I have the best hand here a majority of the time. I'm just trying to avoid a situation where I have top 2 pair on a board with 4 clubs, or 4 to a straight. I don't think JT is the only hand that pays me, I think pair + fd and pair + straight combos as well as any club or any K or any Q will usually pay me at these limits as well. It's a board where I definitely don't want to let him draw for free, and the results of that hand are just unfortunate and unlikely :)

The pocket deuces hand is marginal, but I feel if he's raising as a pure button steal we can often check it down and I'll have the best hand some of the time. In a blind v bu scenario people tend to NEVER fold top pairs so my implied odds are slightly greater, and as well as that I can throw some floats in the mix by calling more in the blinds and making life generally difficult for button thieves. It's certainly not a pristine spot though and you can go either way.

With the TT hand he wouldn't continue on the river with air, but I just don't think he has air in that spot ever.

With the flush hand, If I got raised, I think I'd have to call. It's kind of a high variance call but I think at these limits when you factor in retarded bluffs, slowplayed sets and two pair in denial, overvalued straights, etc. etc. there's plenty of hands he could raise me with on the river. And he might not think I'm betting a bare FD on two streets.
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Way to go spamming your vid in every forum :tongue:

I watched some of it and I also disagree on some things... the main thing I remember is that you don't open raise A9o from CO but KTo from MP :tongue: . Sorry, I didn't do it thoroughly enough to comment on all the things... but just saying ;)
      Haha ^^

Yeah I'm certainly not a perfect player. Appreciate you pointing that out actually, I went back and watched it and noticed that as well. I'm still a little bit distracted when I'm making the video so I miss a couple of things here and there that I'd be more aware of usually.

Appreciate the feedback! Will try to pay more attention to my game while playing in future :P
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sliggy
      AJ Hand: I'm not looking for payment when I bet this turn. I'm looking to protect because I think I have the best hand here a majority of the time. I'm just trying to avoid a situation where I have top 2 pair on a board with 4 clubs, or 4 to a straight. I don't think JT is the only hand that pays me, I think pair + fd and pair + straight combos as well as any club or any K or any Q will usually pay me at these limits as well. It's a board where I definitely don't want to let him draw for free, and the results of that hand are just unfortunate and unlikely :)
      Hmm, again, can't say that i agree with you. His stats doesn't look that bad that he would coldcall with JQo, KTo, QTo OOP preflop, but then again, if he would call with that range he could call with KQo as well which beats your two pair too. AK hand would 3bet preflop, but if he'd decide to cold call AK, AQ hands as mentioned earlyer would most likely c/r flop (with or without K or Q for the flush). While it would suck if the river would bring 4 to a flush or str8, it even more sucks if we get commited on turn and most likely hands that he pushes with got us beat. But then again, i really do suck at stats reading as i don't use hud myself, so yeah, i might be totally wrong. :)
      With the TT hand he wouldn't continue on the river with air, but I just don't think he has air in that spot ever.
      Sure he doesn't have air, but he could have pocket pairs lower than TT easily, AJo, AJs too, and we don't know if he did hit this flop at all as there were no action on flop all we know is that he did see you checking behind and while his bet is very small, it could easily be weak try to find out where he is and also maybe take down the pot because of scare card. So i just prefer calling the turn and reev the river esp because of such small bet size.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by sliggy
      Hmm, again, can't say that i agree with you. His stats doesn't look that bad that he would coldcall with JQo, KTo, QTo OOP preflop, but then again, if he would call with that range he could call with KQo as well which beats your two pair too. AK hand would 3bet preflop, but if he'd decide to cold call AK, AQ hands as mentioned earlyer would most likely c/r flop (with or without K or Q for the flush). While it would suck if the river would bring 4 to a flush or str8, it even more sucks if we get commited on turn and most likely hands that he pushes with got us beat. But then again, i really do suck at stats reading as i don't use hud myself, so yeah, i might be totally wrong. :)
      Sure he doesn't have air, but he could have pocket pairs lower than TT easily, AJo, AJs too, and we don't know if he did hit this flop at all as there were no action on flop all we know is that he did see you checking behind and while his bet is very small, it could easily be weak try to find out where he is and also maybe take down the pot because of scare card. So i just prefer calling the turn and reev the river esp because of such small bet size.
      ---------
      Anyway, it seems that full tilt SH tables are not full of nits as FR, so i might give ftp another try and move my roll here. :D
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Well I think if he had an underpair he'd most likely just try and take it to showdown, and people tend to play draws passively at NL10 rather than bet them. When he sees me checking behind, it's easy for him to assume that I did not bet an 8 on the flop, or 2nd pair, but am still ahead of his underpair. That flop just does well with his calling range, it's too likely that he's got a card there to continue. At NL10 you don't need to get yourself in too many marginal spots. It's likely I'd have to call a river bet too, and there's a LOT of cards I don't want to see on the river.
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Another comment about that AJ hand: just have a look at what he called with :) He could certainly overvalue a worse 2pair there.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Worse two pair would be scared of 4th club too. ;)
      Anyway, after trying out ftp nl10sh i strated doubting my words, something is wrong with their heads. :D Seriously.