question

• pokerstijl
      pokerstijl
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm new playing poker for money.
      I played a lot of free games (for atleast half a year), and when i did it was always sng.
      Also played a few tournements with my friends for money, but never online.

I have read a few books.
      Passed the quiz.
      So i'm know i'm not near the best player around, but i know how to play poker.

I started playing poker for money, last week.
      But i don't really like the cash games i lost more than won,
      (well not totaly true i was making a profit but got too excited and made some expensive mistakes :rolleyes: -$50) but i don't feel very good.

So i started to play sng to win back my money.
      Yesterday evening i got even again (+$0.38)
      (got my first straight flush yesterday also 5 to 9 :spade: :D )

Its probetly the problem that i don't like to play a big hand at cash games, since you will lose in money what you bet (or win ofcourse), if the bet gets to high i get afraid, people can bluff me away.
      In sng you get points, that feels way better, small(er) change of bluffing me away there.

But in the topic sng i saw that beginners should avoid sng why is that?

edit:
      Do you also get points by playing sng?
  • 3 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      1) To start SNG's you should have a Bankroll of 75 Buy Ins. The smallest buy-in fpr SNG's at PartyPoker is $3 so you need a starting Bankroll of $225.
      Some say 30 Buy-ins is enough but it is not enough when you just started and are playing on the lowest limit. To hold off a downswing you should have 75 buy-ins available. But even 30 buy ins at a $3 SNG needs a $90 Bankroll.

2) Personal Opinion: For SNG's you need more experience about Hand Rankings and Reading the Board/Opponent. Experience you only get by playing Cash Games.

I highly recommend every beginner NOT to start with SNG's.

Fixed Limit - Full Ring - Cash Games: Here you start with the Starting Hands Chart which gives you a great advantage in the micro limit over the other players.

No-LimiT - Full Ring - Cash Games. Here you start with the Short Stack Strategy which is also a great entry into the world of poker, where you can ALMOST do nothing wrong.
    • pokerstijl
      pokerstijl
      Bronze
      Oke will try that in a few hours again.

I understood there is a place where beginners can play?
      where can i find that?
      I'm playing Hold'em no limit

edit:
      found it in the partypokier software guide. :rolleyes:
      but still:

Atm im really happy to be on this site.
      Very good information and help!
      you guys are doing a awsome job.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Thx for the compliment.

I already said this very often, but this is a typical win-win situation. We can only be successful when our members become good poker players.

So we always try to improve our content and offer to give you the best possible poker education.

Best regards,
      Stefan

Don't hesitate to ask more questions. We are here to help you understand everything.