NL10 SH videos??

• sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      How ya doin?

I noticed that you've only got one NL10 SH video on the site. It just so happens that I play 6max, speak good english, and know poker well enough to make an effective commentary at NL10.

I've already sent in an application for video producer, but I just thought I might apply through here as well. I could do like an 8 part series and go over various subjects every week, and talk about subjects that people want discussed in the thread.

Just a thought, let me know what you think!
  • 10 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello sliggy,

If you have already applied for the video producer position (video@pokerstrategy.com) then you have already contacted the correct person. So although I like your idea, it is up to our video department to decide.

The low amount of SH NL10 videos is due to the long-time lack of SH tables on the lower stakes at many sites btw :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Well I sent an application to application@pokerstrategy.com and got a response asking me to put up a link of an audition video, as well as that apparently it's been forwarded to video@pokerstrategy.com I think my applications are all over the place :)

Yeah there's less SH tables but it's becoming more "the norm" when it comes to poker, plus I find it much more interesting, and to be a balanced site you need info on everything :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by sliggy
      Well I sent an application to application@pokerstrategy.com and got a response asking me to put up a link of an audition video, as well as that apparently it's been forwarded to video@pokerstrategy.com I think my applications are all over the place :)

Yeah there's less SH tables but it's becoming more "the norm" when it comes to poker, plus I find it much more interesting, and to be a balanced site you need info on everything :)
      Lol Sliggy wants to boost his tiny roll ;o

And I would appreciate if you could make a LAG video yeah there are none for the micros and Hasenbraten is a huge nit ;o
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      well LAG is hardly profitable at microstakes as a lot of that style is based on fold equity :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      well LAG is hardly profitable at microstakes as a lot of that style is based on fold equity :)

Do you know how many tables are filled with total nits? :D

Its like 70VP fishes on one side and retarded oblivious nits on the other.

And although you can just get the free money from the fishes its also nice to know how to destroy the nits
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Hmmm every table i play the average players stats look like 56/12/1.

Are you table selecting? :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Hmmm every table i play the average players stats look like 56/12/1.

Are you table selecting? :)
      No,

I only open one free seat tables @Stars and NL10 and at least one of my 4 tables is under the 30/15 (I actually don't use PFR for averages which doesn't tell me much, but Call PFR % instead as I almost never call PF). (Maybe nits like me I dunno ;o) with which you can play LAG easily. Even if I get 2 40+VP guys and 3nits are after me I still open mad wide range if both fishes fold and roughly 22% if one of them calls.

Btw I had some discussion about whether to raise 4BB+X or 3BB+X and 3BB seems optimal as the nits at NL10 don't make a difference and you can afford to play more pots with the fishes even if you hit less of them because of the implied odds if you decide to open to roughly 30%.

For the LAG or 'How to exploit nits' video the instructor could table-select to make it easier.

I would really like to see a medium stakes player bulldozing NL10 with 40% Opening range by exploiting the awful flop+ play.
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Dude table selecting is highly highly highly +EV. You get yourself into so many better situations when you table select. You don't need crazy software either, all I do is open 4 tables with a high players per flop rating. My 2nd criteria is stack size, and 3rd is average pot. I also leave like 16 tables open overnight each night so that I have bigger sample sizes. Very useful.

If you're at a nitty table you can loosen up your game, if you're at a fishy table you should probably tighten it up. I personally don't really go for "oh I'm going to play TAG or LAG", I just go for "is this a profitable move?"

I usually open to 4 if I'm isolating a fullstack and 3 if I'm isolating a midstack. Otherwise my "standard" is 4, or sometimes if there's a super fish who is like 90/10/1 over 200 hands I open AA and KK to 6.

Exploiting nits ain't that hard. Steal a lot of blinds from them, or if they have a very low went to showdown, call in position and take it down with a cbet.

But in general I don't try to gravitate towards LAG or TAG, but more towards +EV. Personally I think hasenbraten plays just fine, and from what I've seen he's willing to squeeze / 3bet light in good spots.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah sure that is the way to play it and it is +EV.

I do 14Table Sessions where I go for the most P/Flop and highest pots and I make $6/Hour at NL5.
      But I am finding tough spots three times per session and I didn't even post a hand on a LP thread in 2 weeks.

But with the LAG I push myself into marginal spots and am actively trying to outplay my opponents. I even started to use Stove and session reviews again. And duh, I don't say I play LAG, put on a range and open with it, but I adjust to everyone to the smallest detail, I just use every single spot possible where I think I have an edge and I play any hand where I expect I can play profitably if I play it superbly.

With Table Selection, Basic Bet-c/bet-fold, 6% 3bet I accomplish profits,

with the 30/28 sessions I do many mistakes, and I love it as they make me better. I feel like a fish on the shore and every session brings me at least 10 tough spots, but my hand reading improves tremendously.

And Maybe I watched wrong videos, but Hasenbraten really is a huge nit in them if you compare him to Tribuncaesar and others.
    • karlo123
      karlo123
      Black
      Hi sliggy

Plaese contact me via Skype: karlo1232 or mail video@pokerstrategy.com. Until now i didnt reeive a mail from you.

Regards

Karlo123 (coordinator videos)