BTN Qpoxa ($50.00)
      SB Andorfine ($53.85)
      BB AAFERNANDOKK ($60.85)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 A 2
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, musician85 calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: 8 2 A ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.26, musician85 raises to $7, Hero calls $4.74

Turn: J ($18.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, musician85 bets $11, Hero ?
  • 12 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Isn't it a bit loose to raise here such hand? But I guess it's playable. :P

As played
      Flop: Fine.
      Turn: I am likely just Calling it down because we are so deep and reevaluate river.

Any stats?

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      y stats are something like 18/14/3 3bet 8 , 380 hands

Okay, to cut the long story short, i c/r shoved only to discover he had a set. So i guess that was wrong thing to do against a nitty reg ..
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Very hard to get away from 2p vs sets :(

I am probably doubling him up here also.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Call him down to get value from worse aces and not to value him with better 2 pair or sets
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Originally posted by timkroes
      Call him down to get value from worse aces and not to value him with better 2 pair or sets
      Y I agree totally next time I'll try to use the brain.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      2 pair is a horribly vulnerable hand. I don't think you can simply call him down, you gotta protect. There's a FD and any other A has at least 6 outs against us on the flop and 9 outs on the turn. Protection is essential here.

I c-bet bigger on the flop and I might just 3bet him there. He can have us beat yes, but there are many drawing hands he could be holding as well, such as FD's or any Ax hand.

If I decide to b/c flop however, I'm b/f turn. I don't expect him to reraise me again on anything weaker than our hand.

And again I'm never c/c him down on such a vulnerable hand.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      that board is good enough for me to 3-bet / call shove. Fd is still out there and the fact that we have A2 means 22/AA is very unlikely , so we are only behind 5 hands , 22 , AA , and 3 combinations of 88 , but he can still have pair + fd , Ax , 82
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Sure it is vulnerable, but raising here is just a waste of value, let him bet his FD, we will get value from it, let him raise his AK/AQ, we beat them.

I think it is more +EV to call him down and give him the possibility to bluff, than raising and isolating monsters.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      What do you do when a spade hits or when the board pairs? You'll be in a horrible spot OOP. Will you still keep c/cing him? This is not a WA/WB situation. As I said previously, any A has at least 6 outs against us. So we can easily be outdrawn by many hands. If he has hit his set, good for him. Like Bogdan said, there are only 5 combinations that beat us.

And we still got some 7% equity versus 22, 88, AA :D There's nothing that positive thinking cannot achieve :tongue:

Some post flop stats would be nice by the way.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Played a similar hand not 30min ago. Board texture was the same and I had the exact same 2 pair lol. Xcept mine were in spades :P I put the guy all in on the flop, expecting to see AK or a FD, turned out he had a set ... would play it the same way again tho. I've been burned too many times playing these top/low two pair hands too passively and I just get my money in asap, unless the board or opponnent are really not good for such a move.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I guess there are arguments for calling it down but I still think shoving flop is better. He will still call sometimes with the hand you want to call down because of the draws out there but at least you are putting your money in while you are ahead against them rather than having to call after he drew out on you
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you have to put player there A8, AJ, 88, 22 to fold there.
      I think there is no mistake to c/rai on the turn, because you´re likely ahead and can´t really except that he´d fire 3-barrel bluff.
      ALso I think you can´t c/f river, so I think c/rai is likely the best move there.