My BR after 20K hands ...

• kourou
      kourou
      Bronze

So here it is
      Big downswing yesterday, I checked my hands with elephant,
      I was just playing SSS by the book, not going on tilt and everything, just very (very) unlucky
      you can see it on the graph, I started NL25 around 15K hands ( I had $150)
      I now have 80$, and I'll go back to NL10 if I hit the $60 limit ... :evil: :(
  • 8 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I feel for you, dude! Just stick with the plan and you'll overcome it! I am floating around $210-220 in the last 2 weeks and I am annoyed too but I just stick to the strategy and keep on!
    • kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      you're playing the SSS as well ?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I feel ya mate, I have a graph that looks so similar, and I played by the book also, it's defo the hardest swings to take. Mine is - 18 buyins at the moment and I had to move down a level, keep at it, I'm sure you can roll on through.

Good luck, hope your swing changes for the better,

Danny
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      that should be just an ordinary downswing imo. 20K hands isn't that much, and if you stick to the strategy, you should get back in business in no time. sometimes re-reading articles and re-watching videos really helps (even tho when you're on the downside of your game you probably wouldn't find enough patience to look over your plays).
      from my experience so far, when you're completely sure you have identified a downswing (that means you are definitely sure you didn't have major mistakes or leaks in your hands so it's not your fault for the losses), you can go down a limit earlier than brm recommends it.
      I mean if in eg. I notice I have one of those hard times on NL50, I move down to NL30 where I have beaten the limits enough times so I'm quite comfortable in handling this drop and move up again when I start getting dealt reasonable hands again and having optimal BR for NL 50
    • kourou
      kourou
      Bronze
      some good news though,

Congratulations. You've successfully earned 25.0 PartyPoints for 10 days since The Gladiator promotion started on 04/01/09 12:00:00 AM. That means you've won a grand total of 15$!

besides I'm gonna get an extra $25 from the PS bonus soon, so I hope it will boost things up :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      nl25 with $80? move down as soon as possible , unfortunatly this kind of swings are not uncommon and will happen to everyone playing sss. I mean $80 are only 16 buyins.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Since your're already down for 2000 hands it might be wise to risk as few money as possible. You can do that by returning to the lowest limits. Play a couple of hands and when you feel confident enough you could play the higher limits again.

Furthermore you don't even have enough money to play NL25 according to the BRM rule of 600 BBs.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kourou
      you're playing the SSS as well ?
      Yes, sss only.

Shit, 15 BI in the last 3000 hands, that's gotta be tough. Are you really sure you're doing everything right? Like playing always in position and not c-betting where you're not supposed to and stuff like that?