Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $29,90
      BU:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,85, SB folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,80) 8:club: , Q:diamond: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1,80) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,68, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,80

I often find myself in similar situation, I am in the blinds with mid PP and someone steals. I usually call for set value with pretty decent odds, but would resteal be more appropriate? What would be the best line and how to play postflop when a bad board like in this hand comes?
  • 5 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'd play it exactly as u did. NH. The key in these situations is to be patient and wait till the set card appears on a flop. If u look at ur hand again u'll notice u didn't lose that much and if u'll play ur sets well u'll be making massive profits from PPs. No need to get fancy OOP with mid PPs yet.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If you called for set value and a board like that comes you should just let it go. I would however defend more agressive and 3-bet about 70% of times and call 30% of times , just to keep opponent guessing
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      If you called for set value and a board like that comes you should just let it go. I would however defend more agressive and 3-bet about 70% of times and call 30% of times , just to keep opponent guessing

+1
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. But you could also 3bet preflop, he could be stealing.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Nice line to take against Bu open raise.
      Postflop is fine.