BSS, How do you play?

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I'm thinking of changing from SSS to BSS, just had a few questions for people who already use the BSS, if ya don't mind? :D

1) Do you use the 25 buyin rule, or do you use more or less?

2) Do you keep topping up your chips to the maximum? Or just use one stack per table regardless of how much it dwindles?

3) Do you ever leave the table if you have a certain amount of cash? Or do you just play your session and stay sat with as much as you win?

4) How many tables do you play at once?

5) How many hands do you need in your HUD before you class it as a good idea of how they play?

That's all for now, cheers,

Danny
  • 13 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      1) More. I play SH though

2) Always rebuy to max. This is in the articles ;)

3) No, playing deep increases your edge over worse players.

4) 5

5) Depends on the stat. Some stats need 50 hands, some need thousands. VPIP/PFR are the first ones you get an idea of how they play from.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks for that Fongie, I have only skimmed over the articles and tried out a few different variants after a disasterous downswing on SSS, SH is definatley not my game, I lost the most when trying that. Don't think I can adapt to overly loose play you get SHNL. SHFL was fun and I made money at that, but can see that having swings similar to SSS.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies,

Danny
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      First of all BSS is a lot more fun and less robotic than SSS...............

Answers:-
      1) Buy in for the Max eg NL 20 = $20 buy in

2) I don't top up religeuosly, but never drop below 80% of buy in, so will top up at $16 in NL20

3) Use your stack to pummel the shorties..........stay put

4) 3 or 4, I get dizzy with more :D

5) Never thought about this that hard. Due to multitabling, most guys get to high hand counts pretty quick so Fongies 50 hand plan sounds good.

GL
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      1. Im playing with 55 BI atm
      2. I top up every hand but haven't seen any real benefit from this compared to the amount of clicks needed to do this constantly on ipoker(no auto-rebuy)
      3. I usually leave when I win a stack because Im kind of new at NL20
      4. 4 atm
      5. 1K imo, but 100 hands gives you a read
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      BSS is way more fun than SSS :D You should switch

1) I played SSS up to NL200 and started learning BSS on NL10 so that personally, I havn't even thought about BRM yet :/ I just moved up to NL50FR and have 59 Buy-ins lol.

2) I don't select Auto-Rebuy because i like to keep track of whats going on with my session but I never let my stack go below 90BB-95BB. Otherwise you can't win as much If you hit a monsterhand :p

3) No, I don't leave a table when I've doubled or Tripled up. Isn't if a misconception that you should quite while you're winning and keep playing while your losing? I stay on the tables where i am doing well, and normally I continue to do well!

4) Up To 6ish, Once or twice i played with 9 on NL25 because I'm kind of a recovering Mass-Multitabler from Playing so much SSS in the past :p

5) Totally Depends on what aspect of their play you are talking about and what the actual stats are as well as the values recorded. For example If a Villain has 100% vpip I will already start adjusting after only Ten hands say, but if He has 20 vpip I will wait till 50+ hands to start adjusting my play a lot.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      I'm thinking of changing from SSS to BSS, just had a few questions for people who already use the BSS, if ya don't mind? :D

2) Do you keep topping up your chips to the maximum? Or just use one stack per table regardless of how much it dwindles?

3) Do you ever leave the table if you have a certain amount of cash? Or do you just play your session and stay sat with as much as you win?

5) How many hands do you need in your HUD before you class it as a good idea of how they play?

That's all for now, cheers,

Danny
      1) Buy-in for 100bb
      You shouldn't go by BRM articles just now, you are soaked with easily won SSS money and will not have the skill to play the limits you played so far.
      Choose a limit that you feel comfortable with and where is still plenty of fishes, even if you have 150 BI. I'd try NL25 and move down to NL10 if you lose 8+ BI.

2) Put Auto-rebuy on at all times, or rebuy yourself. Not doing this is stupid and you will get results oriented. Money doesn't matter its the hands you play.
      3) Again, ignore money. If the table is not beatable than leave, wheather you are down 2BI or up 8 there
      4) Start with 4. Its on everybody really. I alter 4table LAG style sessions with 9-14 table 17/13 grind (I play SH), Whatever suits you.
      5) For VP and PFR if its 30 to get the very rough idea, AF more as they might have hit disproportionately and you need larger sample. 100+ for other stats ( I use like 7stats for every street) .
      The looser the opponent the less hands you need for these stats obviously.

And as for your move to BSS,
      CONGRATULATIONS, YOU BECAME A MAN!
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

1 - Always buy in for the max, min 100bb's
      2 - yes. I like to money, and want to maximum any/every hand I play
      3 - usually don't set a limit on my time, I go by feel of the session. If I'm on my game, I stick around, if I'm off, I leave early
      4 - 4 to 5...have no idea how some guys play 20+
      5 - i think mine is defaulted to 25hands, but I don't trust any data I see unless there is a minimum of 100 hands
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      weird how many ppl mistake 1. for BB
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      you're right...misread that

I try to stick to 20bi's as much as possible. Usually with my br at the moment, that forces me to stick to micro limits, and they drive me nuts
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Just one point about playing "deep" (more than 100bb, when u have doubled up)

If you dont feel comfortable with a 200 bb stack then leave if you double up and slowly get used to playing deep :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

If you dont feel comfortable with a 200 bb stack then leave if you double up and slowly get used to playing deep :)
      Only applies for NL5 and NL10. On other limits it doesn't make difference if you have 100bb or 1000bb if others have the max buy-in
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      weird how many ppl mistake 1. for BB
      Lol, yeah, I did notice that.

Thanks a lot guys, some helpful stuff offered, I think due to the big swing in BR (playing SSS - 18 buyins at NL25) I only have a little under $100 to start this off. So after playing at NL25 I am tempted to play NL2, for a while, or maybe just start at NL5 as I have been at NL25 and the buyin is the same... I'd only have 19 buyins to start, but think that might be good, and I can always just move down if I lose 4 buyins to NL2.

I am no stranger to having a lot of money at the table so that won't bother me, before I found this site and employed BRM I'd take whatever I had and play the maximum limit I could buy into. Yeah I went bust.... A lot... Shame cos I had over $2000 at one point and with the knowledge I am gaining from this site I could of really done something with it instead of losing it at the high stake tables.

Anyway thanks for all your replies,

Danny
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

Only applies for NL5 and NL10. On other limits it doesn't make difference if you have 100bb or 1000bb if others have the max buy-in
      What? I dont get ya? On NL5 ok, the max buyin is 200bb but on NL10 its only 100bb. But what if someone else on you tables has a 200bb stack? Then your both deep and you can risk loosing it. Its entirely possible :P

Oh and a personal question to you: Do you play on pokerstars and NL5? Under the name DocLemon or something? Just interested :)