How to adjust at NL25??

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I've played NL25 at about 15k hands for now and i find it much more difficult that NL10(maybe I just need to adjust).
      I have played 40k hands at NL10 with winrate 22bb/100 hands

It just seems to me that the opponents float me really often when i conti-bet and 3-bet with really broad range(I don't want to call with wide range- maybe JJ+ and AK).
      1.) How to defend against floating?
      2.) And how much more difficult the game at NL25 is?
      3.) when i 3 bet preflop i often encounter a reraise on the flop with rags( smtg like 348 rainbow). That is tough, because then i fold my hands like 88-JJ and AK and AQ...
      4.) What is a good winrate at NL25?

Any advice?
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      First of all you should know that 22bb/100 isnt a realistic winrate for NL25.
      I would be happy for the half of it.

1) You can barrel again good turncards to protect against floaters.Being OOP obviously sucks, IP its way more easier.
      2)I didnt find it much more difficult, you just have to have better table selection.
      3) Are we talking SH? I tend to call mid pocket pairs as they have much showdown value,but it requires superior postflop play and you can take the easy route and 3bet them, it really depends against who you do it. If you get an overpair in a 3bet pot, you basically can shove it.
      4)Anything over 5bb/100 is considered really good.Depends on how many tables you handle too, because people that play often and for the money prefer to measure their winrate in bb/hour.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Thank you!

Yes, I meant SH, just forgot to mention it.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      2)I didnt find it much more difficult, you just have to have better table selection.
      This seems to be true up to NL100. The fish are just as bad at all levels but you start running into a higher percentage of competent players. Your HUD will help you pick them out.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      I agree, your game shouldn't depend on the limit, but on your opponents. After all you're not playing against the house.