Wow FLHU is the greatest game ever!

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Wow I was on a little bit of a downswing on NL25 and I started to play some FLHU 1/2 on PP cuz I was a little bored (yes i know the rake is a killer here).. but the players I have played so far have been complete fish last night I took 50BBs off some guy in about 175 hands and today though it was a rather short session (the guy would only buy in for $10 a time... the sign of a fish) I took about 19 BBs off of this guy in about 27 hands I cleaned him out once and he reloaded with another $10.

Though I havn't played any real good opponents yet in general is it a good idea to stay aggressive (putting in the last bet in VS agro players) for the most part it seems to induce bluffs (maybe it was just the bad players though)... and to see a showdown most of the time when you catch a piece of the flop depending on the actions and cards on the turn/river?

There were times when I would bet the flop because I am holding 2nd pair and I get reraised so I just call down... there were lots of spots like this but sometimes he would showdown complete air sometimes he could hold Top Pair or a PP it was very funny to see him hang himself when I had the best of it.

Just wondering about 3bet/cap pots PF... should we be 3betting the Good Aces,kings and big PPs?
  • 14 replies
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Seems to me that you are still playing :P

TTT

P.S.: I just cleared my Russian guy :evil: ... but $7 got lost somewhere during the process :(
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Doesn't look like you're really ready for FLHU. Without any experience it's 1 of the harder gametypes, and the short term variance can be huge which I don't think you will be able to handle.

Also you're never gonna win on 1/2, so take your money and be happy that you didn't go broke.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am currently in a Heater on 1/2 I also found a lifetime looser Fish on 2/4 which I destroyed and he didnt come back. I only play fish... I played one other guy who was winning over like 160 hands so I didn't think much about it but he ended be an aggresive player and I made the mistake to play him for a while but other than that I havn't had a loosing session.

Im running 24BB/100 over about 1k hands.. table selection seems to be the most important thing, secondly is Rakeback/Bonuses.

It doesn't seem very hard only difficult spots I am having is I think I may be defending too loose but against these bad players I don't seem to have a problem because they will bluff in such bad spots and with my aggressive image (and me showdowning some Purebluffs) they end up betting down with nothing. Also with these bad players they seem to have big Tilt problems.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Yep... It is probably good idea try FL HU SNGs, because rake will be somehow reasonable (at least at some sites)... and secondly, I would like to move to 2/4SH soon... hopefully mark of 600BB will be reached soon :D - after some rest after gladiator grinding... 20% reload on stars is waiting

rake 5BB/100 is more like steal... on 1/2HU FL

HU is big long term chalange... and it has clear winners and clear loosers... zero sum game...
      (sorry, forgot about rake)

TTT
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      hi Kidpokerskid

I'm also playing FLHU

rake impact @ 2/4 is high, but on 1/2 is proibitive !

Of course the average skill of the players is very low, so these limits are easy to beat.

for the winrate I think you have to wait at least 30K hands for the first significative impressions.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Never ever play 1/2 maybe not even 2/4 at PP cuz the rake is just retarded... I think I will move my play to FullTilt and stay there because the rake is capped at $0.50 and I am getting 27% rakeback. ALso I have more control over table selection which is alot better because there are these players that show up once in a while who are FLSH players and take shots at HU and play much too tight.

I have completley fallin in love with this form of poker... it is an all out psychological war for the pots, especially when nobody hits anything

I would just love it if we could have additional material on this subject, or anyone who is willing to help privately can add me on pokerstrategy community and we can go from there.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Rake at party is also capped at $0.50 if you sit on HU tables. In addition the opponents are worse and if you play a lot (become Palladium) the rakeback is way better than on full tilt :)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am just wondering do you guys multitable when playing FLHU... to me it would seem sorta of hard to play more than 2 tables, I have 100% focus on one table and it is still hard for me to adapt faster than my opponent is adapting to me. 2 tables would just make me lose bigtime.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Most of the times I don't, there are some rare occasions where I do though. But I play way better on 1 table.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      gone broke by rake yet?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I now realise what a lovely topic title this is.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      i've played 200 hands of heads up on 0.5/1 a few months ago. now i checked HEM - 7.5BB/100 hands of rake. epic.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      lol yoghi, could you elaborate please :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      3/6 HU --> 150/300 HU in a matter of months, that not good enough :| ?