$26.19
      BB:
      $16.25
      MP2:
      $4.76
      MP3:
      $61.95

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.8, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.40) 6, Q, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $2.40, BB raises to $4.8, Hero folds, SB raises to $25.39, BB calls $10.65.

Turn: ($43.24) A (2 players)

River: ($43.24) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $43.24.

Results follow (highlight to see):

SB shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ah Qc)
      BB shows a full-house, sixs full of aces (6d Ad)
      BB wins with a full-house, sixs full of aces (6d Ad).

Hi,
      With a raise and reraise in front, was it correct to lay down top pair top kicker on the flop?

Thanks!
  • 8 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Don't play SSS on shorthanded tables, it's not profitable. In case other players were just sitting out don't mind this.

As played, you have made hand on the flop and two players willing to pay you off, therefore go broke and expect paycheck. ;)
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Unfortunately, I have to play on Titan at the moment, I saw posts saying that full ring tables are too tight there to play SSS (and that's my experience too). Those posts recommended to play 6-handed tables, so that's what I tried today. I'm looking forward to leaving Titan as soon as I clear my bonus... pity I already had accounts on Stars and FTP before registering at PokerStrategy

In this situation, I just had a feeling that someone had a 6 :) but isn't it reasonable to assume that if someone reraises a pot-sized bet with one opponent still to act, he has at least a set?

Thanks!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yuris125
      Unfortunately, I have to play on Titan at the moment, I saw posts saying that full ring tables are too tight there to play SSS (and that's my experience too). Those posts recommended to play 6-handed tables, so that's what I tried today. I'm looking forward to leaving Titan as soon as I clear my bonus... pity I already had accounts on Stars and FTP before registering at PokerStrategy

In this situation, I just had a feeling that someone had a 6 :) but isn't it reasonable to assume that if someone reraises a pot-sized bet with one opponent still to act, he has at least a set?

Thanks!
      I'm not sure what to say to you, because I never played on Titan, so maybe someone else can share some experience with you, but if SH tables don't work out for you I think it's still better to play FR with 2-3 shorties than SH tables. But if it works for you, cheers. As Phil Gordon wrote in his book, "I don't have to be the best player at the table to make profit, I only need to be better than one." ;)

About the hand, on the micros I think villains can also have a worse Qx or FD or even some PP against which you're favorite, but let's see also what judge has to say.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Don't play SSS on shorthanded tables, it's not profitable. In case other players were just sitting out don't mind this.

As played, you have made hand on the flop and two players willing to pay you off, therefore go broke and expect paycheck. ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

This + Remove results! , they aint important

- Gerv
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      I don't get it, was it wrong to fold here or not?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonnek
      I don't get it, was it wrong to fold here or not?
      Yes, it was, hero should put all his money in the pot.