[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH ATs

• Atoks
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , T:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, BU folds, Hero raises to $6,00, BB folds, CO calls $4,25.

Flop: ($12,50) 8:heart: , Q:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,00, CO calls $8,00.

Turn: ($28,50) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14,50, Hero calls $14,50.

River: ($57,50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $28,04 (All-In), CO calls $28,04.

Final Pot: $113,58

OK so I just 3Bet and caught the flop somewhat. CB is pretty iffy and I guess that's why I shut down on the turn even when my heart hit. The turn bet wasn't that big but at the same time it didn't give me the right odds to call. I'm really confused about his hand, advice?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      I`m betting turn ~18 and calling a shove given the odds I`m getting. I think it`s a better line than c/c just because he might have a diamonds fd that he would get a free card for.
    • Jaissica
      ^^^ Agree with Bogdandin, especially in context of a blind war. 26 ORL gives him a very wide hand range. You hold 14 outs to crack top pair / 2 pair, 3 more outs to split with them (J giving the board a Q-high), and can be in front of worse hands.

Vs a J (straight completed) you still hold at least 8, probably 9 flush outs for a win and another J out for a split.

Even better, villain could be playing this line as steal-float with anything inside his 26 ORL range. You could get paid off by PP that missed, weaker tens.

Bet-shove turn. Too much equity not to, IMO.
    • HannesNL
      even with the board so paired, I really love check-raising here :)

btw: I dont like the ATs raise here, it is pretty hard to play, like this board, is really hard to play midpair with initative :) I prefer calling him in this situation.
    • veriz

Preflop: Do you have any reasons for 3bet here? What's his ATS, if it's bigger then your raise is fine but if he is more likely a nitty guy who doesn't like to steal then I'd prefer to fold here.

As played
      Flop: I would bet a bit bigger, ~$9 because you do that with your TP and other stuff also.
      Turn: Very interesting spot, opponent has W$SD: 65, so we are pretty often against a pretty good hand here. If we bet out we need about ~33% equity to make the Call profitable if I am not wrong so I guess it's fine to Bet/Shove here but taking into account that he villain has such a W$SD I might even consider just Check/Folding on but that might be a bit too weak, I am not really sure.

Best regards,
    • Jaissica
      Villain ATS 26
    • veriz
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Villain ATS 26
      Oh, I get it ORL = ATS. :D I am raising against such guy.
    • Kaitz20
      c/rai is one option to take on the the turn, although I´d likely just bet 15$ and calling shove.