How to close an account?

• SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Well? I'd like to close my account and open a new one so that it can be tracked with Pokerstrategy.

I emailed PartyPoker but because I only have a play money account as of now I got an automated email about how I'm missing out no the benefits of 24/7 support.

What can I do to have my account closed without depositing money which I would have to spend more money on for fees?
  • 15 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi SheepMoose,

The system generated email just confirms that your email has been received. A representative will get back to you later - probably in several hours.

Regards,
      thunder
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Are you sure? Because the email I got started with:

"Dear Player,

Our records indicate that you have a play money account registered with us. You are passing on a big opportunity to join the PartyPoints Club and start reaping in the rewards. Our customer support is geared toward our real money players and you are missing out by not becoming one."
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi SheepMoose,

It seems I haven't been updated with the recent changes? But it is really weird. With this policy, how would new players reach Support when they need help? May I know which email address were you sending to? Is it info@partypoker.com ?

Regards,
      thunder
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I sent the email to the listed email address on their site, info@partypoker.com
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      hello,

happened same to me, send mail to info@partypoker.com asking to close my account twice, both times got same reply as you did.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm really frustrated with it.
      I'm basically going to have to deposit $25usd, pay a certain percentage of it on currency conversion rates, a certain percent on Visa fees, THEN cashout my money, and email PP again so they can close my account.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      If you only have a Play Money account on PP, you will get no other response from PP than the one you got. They don't deem play money accounts as being valid.

If you want to open up a new account, do so from a different email address, but if they check your IP address, you might not be able to get it going anyway.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Thanks partypoker. :O
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I tried emailing them again. Same result. :evil:

Okay, so instead of emailing info@partypoker.com I emailed cashier@partypoker.com

They then forwarded my email to info@partypoker.com which meant my email was replied to and every worked out in the end.

My account has been closed. :D
    • Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

As requested we have closed your PartyAccount you hold with us.

In future, if you think you want to re-open this account, please write
      to us from the registered e-mail address and we will be more than glad
      to re-open your account.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. We
      are available round the clock and we will be happy to help you.

Good Day !!!

Michelle
      Customer Service
      Have Fun and Gamble Responsibly.

So if I want to open another account , I have to use another email address?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alex147Eddie
      So if I want to open another account , I have to use another email address?
      Yes, they don't want you signing up with an affiliate so they hold on to your e-mail address. Luckily gmail doesn't mind giving you many new ones.
    • guidosuller
      guidosuller
      Black
      hey bud...you can have unlimited Playmoney accounts but only 1 real money account.

Just go ahead and open the real money acc using a new email address. I have 2 playmoney accounts and1 real, logged in to all of them from the same IP and contacted support about it and they confirmed that its fine ;)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Well I closed the account anyway so. :tongue:

I'll make a new one soon.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      I contacted support at PartyPoker for the same reason, and this is the answer I got:

"I would like to inform you that as you already have an account with
      PartyPoker.com, you cannot create another account through PokerStrategy.
      Even though we close your existing account, our system will still detect
      that you had an account with us and will not allow you to get the Poker
      Strategy bonus.

For more details, you can contact PokerStrategy and they will be able to
      assist you better."

So, should I just open a new account with real money, from a different email address?
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      This is kinda weird man,

I made a first Party Poker account in January, I didn't know what Pokerstrategy was yet then, it even was a real money account. On recommendation of another pokerstrategy member I just made a new account... the new account got frozen almost instantly.

Got a mail, saying that I couldn't have 2 real money accounts at the same time. Then they asked me which account I wanted to keep. Mailed back saying I wanted to keep the new one...
      They banned the old account, got to keep the new account including a new first deposit bonus. So now I can earn Strategy Points on Party Poker! :>