[NL2-NL10] NL 25: ATs preflop (freeplay)

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $12.65

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:club: , A:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.85) T:spade: , 3:heart: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG2 raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), UTG2 raises to $15.00, MP3 calls $10.90 (All-In), UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

I got TPTK, was my shove correct considering I am not a preflop raiser and this bet and a call before me?
  • 9 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Bronze
      you got tptk, but after a raise and a call youre most likely beat. according to the strategy its well played
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am Bet/Folding on flop, it's freeplay, don't get fancy with your TPTK.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Dude, no offense but what you said makes no sense. You say bet/fold on the flop. That's what I did so the don't get fancy part doesn't make any sense.

Either I go all in here for implied odds of 100BBs with this bet and a call before me or I muck my hand. So I wanted to know if my all in was correct or not.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Dude, no offense but what you said makes no sense. You say bet/fold on the flop. That's what I did so the don't get fancy part doesn't make any sense.

Either I go all in here for implied odds of 100BBs with this bet and a call before me or I muck my hand. So I wanted to know if my all in was correct or not.
      You didn't play bet/fold at all. You played Bet/Push.

You bet on the flop, when someone raised you pushed all in. Bet folding is betting on the flop and folding to a raise.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      You didn't play bet/fold at all. You played Bet/Push.

You bet on the flop, when someone raised you pushed all in. Bet folding is betting on the flop and folding to a raise.
      Oh, crap, yeah, I got it now, my mistake :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Bet pot/push imo.

UTG could have an overpair or set or some hand that is better than yours, but MP3 looks so fishy and improves your odds. I would fold weaker Tx hands here though, not AT.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Bet pot/push imo.

UTG could have an overpair or set or some hand that is better than yours, but MP3 looks so fishy and improves your odds. I would fold weaker Tx hands here though, not AT.
      Bet Pot flop and go broke , make a note of this is also valuable

Bet/Fold doesnt make sense and is throwing money away, then just check/fold it

- Gerv
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

If Bet/Fold doesn't make sense then Bet/Push doesn't make sense either. :) TPTK doesn't always mean that you have to go broke, in freeplay it's pretty often that we are behind here and there is no point to put any more money into the pot. I am pretty sure if we would calculate the EV here then this move is -EV.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello,

If Bet/Fold doesn't make sense then Bet/Push doesn't make sense either. :) TPTK doesn't always mean that you have to go broke, in freeplay it's pretty often that we are behind here and there is no point to put any more money into the pot. I am pretty sure if we would calculate the EV here then this move is -EV.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      You're generally right, but this pot is only 3-way and a lot of possible worse hands both, MP3 and UTG2 can have and therefore I think bet/folding would be too weak with TPTK after already investing money.