NL player FTW

• kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I'm a NL player :P
      I mostly play SSS (NL200-600), but I have experiance in BSS FR and SH.

I'm planing to start playing Fixed Limit SH and I was planing to play 0.5/1 SH.
      I have a little experience playing FL, but I learn fast and I'm not new to poker obv. I played over 8 month of serious grinding. I read all the FL articles up to gold and I don't have any problem understaning them and I read two book only for Fixed Limit (not basic (aka not very helpful probably),but they was interesting).

Is there big difference from 0.5/1 to 1/2 and can I start on 1/2 if I have the bankroll even for higher limits?

Have any word of wisdom for me?

Thanks for the help in advanced

Best regards,
      Kukki
  • 9 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Also forgot to say that I don't expect to sit down and start winning like Yoghi and I don't mind losing some amount of money to learn faster (againg better players) and also I got a very good RB deal so will be easy to play at least break even probably.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      if you're playing on stars, definetely start on 0.5/1. 1/2 is harder, you'll get payed off the monsters less and your overplays are gonna cost you less.
    • Masqb
      Masqb
      Black
      why FL? :P I would rather try NL HU if I were you. Yoghi is winning so much but it is not typical for LHE players (and note he is playing HU). Most of them (us) have shitty winrates and beacuse of this swings are really huge (6max).
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And wtf NL HU has to do with what I'm asking
      I'm a winning player on NL SSS, BSS and I don't want to play FL for the money.
      This is a investmant in my carrear
      I need to have options

P.S. I had played NL HU and was successful (for the micro limits that I played), but still I don't want to move my daily grind there obv.

Come on guys
      Show me some FL community
      Have some ideas?
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi kukkiwon
      I am more of a sng player but, like you, have just started playin FL for the experience.
      I am playing 1/2 and 0.50/1 at stars.
      Started playing short handed (6 max) and now playing FR - mostly because the FL Chart is designed for FR.
      I have found these games to be fairly comfortable, no big downswings so far and some decent winning sessions.
      As far as I can see there isnt much difference in standard between the two limits.
      I have pretty much stuck to the chart so far and other than a couple of suckouts I think it is worth doing this.
      Good luck, and stay away from my tables LOL.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey kukkiwon - sorry mate, just saw this post - here is some :heart: just for you!

IMO (and only playing iPoker) there isn't really a major difference between $.50/$1 and $1/$2. Having said this, FL SH is really swingy and that can take some getting used to.

FWIW I'd always suggest starting off playing 5-10k hands at the lowest limits just to get a feel for the game and to get used to the swings with only small chunks of cash going here and there.

If you find you get into a groove quite quickly then, sure, move up to $1/$2. Just be aware that major swings can hit and are a nice test of your mental fortitude. ;)

Possibly you could apportion say $750 of your BR to FL play (which is the mid range between $.50/$1 and $1/$2 recommended BRM for SH) and move up as you beat the limits. This way you won't take too long to move up if you achieve a solid win rate. If you don't achieve a decent win rate then you will be getting used to the rollercoaster most of us hard core FL players live on at a reasonable cost!

GL and look forward to seeing you in the FL evaluation boards. :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Very good post by Waiboy. Reading my mind.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Thanks for the :heart:

It's was helpful

I will start on 0.5/1 SH (I purchased HH's yesterday) and will try playing 10k hands per month (I need to grind to make money too) and if I feel good about it I will climb the limits. Probably skip 1/2 (when the limits are almots the same) and try to go to the limits for mine BR in 3-4 months.

Tnx again,

Best
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      No worries mate, best of luck! :D