$4.14
      BB:
      $1.06
      UTG1:
      $4.00
      UTG2:
      $0.98

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5, 4.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) 7, 2, 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.18, BB folds, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.18.

I know that i'm according to PS should raise to 4 Big Blinds, but i'm trying something out thats working pretty good.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. If you play some kind of loose play then it's fine to raise 3xBB or always raise with 3xBB from BU, don't mix them up like when you have a strong hand then raising 4xBB or whatever, you have to raise the same amount.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. If you play some kind of loose play then it's fine to raise 3xBB or always raise with 3xBB from BU, don't mix them up like when you have a strong hand then raising 4xBB or whatever, you have to raise the same amount.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Thats what I do, and until now it has worked out nicely.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by KriZ0
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Thats what I do, and until now it has worked out nicely.
      Myself I wouldn't hurry with such play, I would at first try to manage to be profitable with normal tagish style.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Don't raise 3BB+XBB at NL2 FR

You play 150++ BB deep and the limit standard is being loose and a station. Even if you want to play loose and challenge your flop+ skills from the beginning you can raise to 4BB+XBB when you play deep stack, as you the pots are still small relative to your stack even with standard raises.

If you lack patience and like playing many cards than switch to 6Max.

And as a general advice, where people play Loose you want to play tight and vice versa.

I found it the best at NL2 to play even tighter than the BSS starting chart (but WAYYYY less limping) as people will call almost any bet.