This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25-SH, JTs, OOP

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      MP2:
      $76,76
      MP3:
      $56,37

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , T:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,85, MP3 calls $0,85, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,65) J:heart: , 6:club: , J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1,75, Hero raises to $3,50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1,75.

Turn: ($9,65) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00, MP3 calls $7,00.

River: ($23,65) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $23,65, Hero calls $13,65 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Js Ts)
      MP3 shows a flush, king high (Tc Kc)

MP3 wins with a flush, king high (Tc Kc)

I realize I should have raised more on the flop, but what bothers me about this hand is how(if it's even possible) could I go away from it, because as you can see villain hit his flush on the turn. During the hand I planned to bet/fold turn, but he didn't raise, so I had no idea what to do on the river. I didn't find straight too likely because I already had T in my hole cards, but a flush was very possible. I think best line would be to bet/fold river, but with 13.65$ in 23.65$ pot I couldn't bet/fold, so my only option was c/c or c/f and I decided to c/c. Any help with this hand would be very appreciated, also if someone would play it in completely different way, because I don't see a way to get away from here.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I think it's fine to Call here but I wouldn't do it always.

As played
      Flop: I am raising bigger, ~$5.
      Turn: Check/Call because there aren't that many hands that would have Called our raise on flop, very often a flushdraw is the case here. Hope to hit FH on river.
      River: Very often would play Check/Fold here, look the betsize, I don't think that he would bet with weak hand so big.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Only flaw I see here is the small raise on the flop. Other than that it`s hard to get away from it. You could fold river because if he`s not a bluffer he wouldnt bet any worse hands there
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I think I'm bet/folding the turn... but it doesn't have to be so much esp. since flush draw got there, IMO you'll get the same info with a $5 bet. If called, probably check/fold river unless full house hits because you can't even beat another jack (AJ/KJ/QJ/J9). I might call if he bets some ridiculous low amount then put a note on him.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r bigger on the flop.
      Since you can´t c/f river, because of the pot odds I´d just prefer shoving there and hope that overpair would llook me up.