[NL20-NL50] NL25-SH, JTs, OOP

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , T:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,85, MP3 calls $0,85, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,65) J:heart: , 6:club: , J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1,75, Hero raises to $3,50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1,75.

Turn: ($9,65) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00, MP3 calls $7,00.

River: ($23,65) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $23,65, Hero calls $13,65 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Js Ts)
      MP3 shows a flush, king high (Tc Kc)

MP3 wins with a flush, king high (Tc Kc)

I realize I should have raised more on the flop, but what bothers me about this hand is how(if it's even possible) could I go away from it, because as you can see villain hit his flush on the turn. During the hand I planned to bet/fold turn, but he didn't raise, so I had no idea what to do on the river. I didn't find straight too likely because I already had T in my hole cards, but a flush was very possible. I think best line would be to bet/fold river, but with 13.65$ in 23.65$ pot I couldn't bet/fold, so my only option was c/c or c/f and I decided to c/c. Any help with this hand would be very appreciated, also if someone would play it in completely different way, because I don't see a way to get away from here.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz

Preflop: I think it's fine to Call here but I wouldn't do it always.

As played
      Flop: I am raising bigger, ~$5.
      Turn: Check/Call because there aren't that many hands that would have Called our raise on flop, very often a flushdraw is the case here. Hope to hit FH on river.
      River: Very often would play Check/Fold here, look the betsize, I don't think that he would bet with weak hand so big.

Best regards,
    • BogdanDin7
      Only flaw I see here is the small raise on the flop. Other than that it`s hard to get away from it. You could fold river because if he`s not a bluffer he wouldnt bet any worse hands there
    • nafar84
      I think I'm bet/folding the turn... but it doesn't have to be so much esp. since flush draw got there, IMO you'll get the same info with a $5 bet. If called, probably check/fold river unless full house hits because you can't even beat another jack (AJ/KJ/QJ/J9). I might call if he bets some ridiculous low amount then put a note on him.
    • Kaitz20
      c/r bigger on the flop.
      Since you can´t c/f river, because of the pot odds I´d just prefer shoving there and hope that overpair would llook me up.