It's amazing how some of the worst players get rewarded

  • 22 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.07.2008 Posts: 4,346
      I love donks, they do hit sometimes, I'm down like 6 stacks to the worst players I've seen in 2 days. (vpip 92/pfr 92 ... hitting gutshot on the river vs my trips, hitting fullhouse against my flush , etc...)

      but where would my bankroll be without donks? I have no idea, but it surely would be way smaller
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.12.2007 Posts: 174
      35% ?
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.12.2008 Posts: 517
      I've had an ok experience with these sorts of players last night. The villain in mention wouldn't push much himself, but he'd call any two on any board. He sucked out 100% of his hands, and I ended up placing 3rd in an SnG (When he sucked out to my KK push), but the blinds were at 30/60 and I had not played one hand till then. It was a strange 15 minutes.

      omgrigged :D
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.09.2008 Posts: 2,214
      Originally posted by AndySk
      35% ?
      +1

      If they want to gamble let them :)
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.08.2008 Posts: 143
      yup.. let them gamble with their hands....

      i d get beat by their hand at times but how will our BR increase without them...

      just dont go on tilt when you do get hit by them... :D :D :D
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2009 Posts: 854
      Originally posted by bordzter
      yup.. let them gamble with their hands....

      i d get beat by their hand at times but how will our BR increase without them...

      just dont go on tilt when you do get hit by them... :D :D :D
      I try my hardest not to tilt. Of course there's times when you just have to.

      Of course they might make a couple of dollars from me one day, but I might make back double off them the next. :P
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.12.2007 Posts: 174
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by AndySk
      35% ?
      +1

      If they want to gamble let them :)
      remembers me one sng yesterday where I pushed AK and guy called with K2 :P
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.12.2008 Posts: 517
      Originally posted by AndySk
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by AndySk
      35% ?
      +1

      If they want to gamble let them :)
      remembers me one sng yesterday where I pushed AK and guy called with K2 :P
      Nice :P Couldn't want for anything better than that :D
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.04.2009 Posts: 664
      I just played a donk who raised to $0,60 with KT UTG1. I was BU and held AA, so I went all-in with $2. Of course the critter gets a K and a T on the flop and beat my pocket aces. Knowing that I'd make (big) money from these people in the long run, I controlled myself and didn't tilt.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.04.2007 Posts: 13,264
      you gotta love them
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.12.2007 Posts: 366
      Originally posted by luitzen
      I just played a donk who raised to $0,60 with KT UTG1. I was BU and held AA, so I went all-in with $2. Of course the critter gets a K and a T on the flop and beat my pocket aces. Knowing that I'd make (big) money from these people in the long run, I controlled myself and didn't tilt.

      add them to your buddy list so you can play at the same table more often, luck is temporary, so good play could make them prfitable in the long run
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2009 Posts: 372
      I dont mind losing a pot to a bad player once in while, It just gives them and others all a little more hope to stay at the table.

      They are our bread n butter anyhow, got to let them win a few!

      It all comes back to my stack at the end of the day so I always look at the bad beats as a short term loan with High Interest rates :)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.04.2009 Posts: 664
      How and where do I add them to my buddy list.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2008 Posts: 1,300
      I've gone all in every hand when I had to go once in some $1's, it was so hilarious! My Q2 beating their Ax, I managed to double up on every table by lucking out n it was so funny pissing everyone off :D I shoulda just sat out after I doubled up tho coz I prob woulda made ITM in a couple of em -_-
    • Dohh
      Dohh
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.07.2008 Posts: 3
      This hand shows very well how you made a mistake. Please give me one had against which you would be noticebly ahead in all in situation with AJ. Depends on game stage of course and on blinds, but how you put it... I can understand his ALL IN but I can not understand your call...
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2009 Posts: 854
      Originally posted by Dohh
      This hand shows very well how you made a mistake. Please give me one had against which you would be noticebly ahead in all in situation with AJ. Depends on game stage of course and on blinds, but how you put it... I can understand his ALL IN but I can not understand your call...
      It was on pacific poker. I dunno if you've played there, but they give you minimal amount of chips to start a tournament, something like 1000 chips. and the blinds go up every 3-5 minutes.
      I was short stacked at the stage of where I pushed with AJo.

      It was a mistake, yes. But regarding the way he was playing, how many big blinds I had left, and so forth; I think it was an okay move.
    • Dohh
      Dohh
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.07.2008 Posts: 3
      Oh, i see then. Those tournaments are based on luck only. Pokerstars has superturbo tournaments, which start with ante, blinds go up fast and everyone has 500 chips for starting. These tournament are more bingo than poker, so basically you are complaining that you didn't win with bingo tho you bought 2 tickets while your opponent bought one:)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.09.2008 Posts: 2,214
      Originally posted by Dohh
      Oh, i see then. Those tournaments are based on luck only. Pokerstars has superturbo tournaments, which start with ante, blinds go up fast and everyone has 500 chips for starting. These tournament are more bingo than poker, so basically you are complaining that you didn't win with bingo tho you bought 2 tickets while your opponent bought one:)
      Cake Poker has something much more special then that. Its called "kamikaze sit and go's" and sometimes there are also freerolls.

      Your all-in every hand automatically. Sit back, enjoy and let the auto-pilot take control.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2009 Posts: 854
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by Dohh
      Oh, i see then. Those tournaments are based on luck only. Pokerstars has superturbo tournaments, which start with ante, blinds go up fast and everyone has 500 chips for starting. These tournament are more bingo than poker, so basically you are complaining that you didn't win with bingo tho you bought 2 tickets while your opponent bought one:)
      Cake Poker has something much more special then that. Its called "kamikaze sit and go's" and sometimes there are also freerolls.

      Your all-in every hand automatically. Sit back, enjoy and let the auto-pilot take control.
      That's the same with Pacific poker. They have an all in heads up sit and go. Thats actually how I lost my entire bankroll. :rolleyes:
    • 1
    • 2