S&G, Heads up bad luck or what?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      It seems the last few days iv been getting unlucky on STT's...

Im still making profit...but the problem is i keep finishing 3rd or 2nd!

I'm getting my money in good, and getting sucked out on...then im so short stacked i have to push with any 2cards!

It's really anoying to say the least! lol.

the last 2 days i'v played 65 S&G's...my ROI is 10.77, my 1st 2nd 3rd are as followed: 4, 14, 13 :(

Whats the longest strech any of you have gone A) without a first B) without a cash?

I asume im ment to try and keep my sanity and hope a rush of 1st come along? Because i dont think iv actually been playing HU badley...maybe i made one or two silly mistakes but the majority has been just plain bad luck

Is there anything i can use to help me with my HU game? Oviously the diffrence between 1st and 2nd is fairly substantial (1 1/2 BI).
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn

Is there anything i can use to help me with my HU game?
      Before you start worrying about your HU game you need to make sure that you are not consistently entering the HU phase with a big disadvantage in chips.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      I read in Colin Moshman's book about how you should be placing 3rd and 1st more than 2nd. As the poster above me said, make sure you don't enter HU with a big chip disadvantage.

Once you're ITM I think you should either go for the win, or go broke. But I see you say that you get your money in good, then get sucked out, and then you're in a horrible position. If most of your plays resulted in bad luck then there's nothing you can do about it. Just keep playing your best game.

To answer your other questions:

A) 20 SnGs
      B) 12. 2 sets of 6 tourneys. :/ Really messed up my profit curve... was looking nice up until that point :(

I don't think you can expect a rush of 1st. Your past bad luck won't even out with future good luck, sadly.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn

Is there anything i can use to help me with my HU game?
      Before you start worrying about your HU game you need to make sure that you are not consistently entering the HU phase with a big disadvantage in chips.
      Well theres not any worry there then...ofcourse sometimes i am shortstacked...more times than not thought i have like 4/5k infront of me out of a possible 13.5k.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ejeckt
      I read in Colin Moshman's book about how you should be placing 3rd and 1st more than 2nd. As the poster above me said, make sure you don't enter HU with a big chip disadvantage.

Once you're ITM I think you should either go for the win, or go broke. But I see you say that you get your money in good, then get sucked out, and then you're in a horrible position. If most of your plays resulted in bad luck then there's nothing you can do about it. Just keep playing your best game.

To answer your other questions:

A) 20 SnGs
      B) 12. 2 sets of 6 tourneys. :/ Really messed up my profit curve... was looking nice up until that point :(

I don't think you can expect a rush of 1st. Your past bad luck won't even out with future good luck, sadly.
      Thank you for the in sight.