why cant i stop myself tilting?

• tcs35
      I have played 3 poker sites and tilted 3 times, party, stars, and titan. i will give you an example. I will play a couple of $1 sit and goes and lose. then i decide to play a $2 sng to get my money back, that fails then i try a $5, and a $10, and a $15 then i go broke. Should I just stop playing now or is there a way to fix me from doing it?

• 6 replies
    • Jumbles
      Have you tried reading these?

Quit chasing losses would be the best solution. It's much more likely to drain your bankroll than boost it.
    • mishkagg
      Here's what I do: I concentrate not on money losses/winnings as they are irrelevant for me. When I am faced with a decision like go all in/fold as you often are with the SSS I try to think about it not in the way if this all in will bring me money now but in the way if this all in would be +ev in like 100 situations like this. So whether I lose or win the current pot it doesn't bother me and I can keep playing with my mind clear. You can try to force yourself to think like that for a few sessions and see if it works for you.
    • AndySk
      Why cant u stop tilting ?

My answer: because u care about the shitty money, dont care about money, play ur game, have confidence, have faith,

• mChavez
      What i usually do when im long-tilting, is just look at the sharscope graph, realize that i'm loosing A LOT and then just come back to PS articles, play strictly to the beginner' strategy and get my money back. then I can deviate to my normal strategy again.

However, i've got this problem that when i play my best game, i improve my BR and these improvements make me less concentrated, so i start loosing.

Just come back to basic strategy and you'll stop tilting.
    • KriZ0
      What I do is that I don't focus on the lost money, I focus on my play, if i played it right I know that i haven't done any thing wrong so eventually i will win. Another important thing is don't see each session as a single session, but see the whole picture, it really helped seeing my poker as one big session.

Furthermore, you could read some NLP, reframing, outcomes and maybe anchoring should be able to help you prevent your tilting.
    • STR82ACE
      STOP CHASING YOUR LOSSES! Moving up levels to regain lost $$ is NOT very good BRM. Think about it. If you have trouble beating the $1 games, how do you think you can beat the $5 or $10 games? You have to learn to crawl before you can walk.

Read the articles on BRM, reload your account on ONE site, and use the strategy articles here to help you along. Pay particular attention the BRM and Tilt articles.

Good luck.