$25.45
      BB:
      $18.90
      MP3:
      $25.15
      CO:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) A, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3.50.

River: ($11.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.75, Hero raises to $14.75, BB calls $8.40.

Final Pot: $39.40.

Check/raise on river was to make him feel commited with top pairs, 2pairs, w/e.. is it a stupid move?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Turn: I'd prefer to Check/Raise.

As played
      River: I am betting out myself because he could be Checking behind a way too many Aces. Maybe try Check/Raise against some kind of aggressive player.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would just bet/bet/bet. I would also bet flop bigger , at least 1.6-1.7 just because any broadway can improve to a straight and fd is out there too and because I want to get the pot as big as possible so I can comfortable get it in by the river.
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      you must have a strong heart for check/raise river... :D
    • zubrils2
      zubrils2
      Bronze
      If you can give him the FD and at the same time he's agressive enough to try to bluff you time to time you could go for the c/r. It's a good play on the river because there are not many A's in his range that could call you on the river(if he's a good player) because he would raise himself you on the flop or the turn with 2 pair type of hands. Same goes for sets etc. If he's an unknown or fishy you should rather bet out the river yourself.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zubrils2
      If you can give him the FD and at the same time he's agressive enough to try to bluff you time to time you could go for the c/r. It's a good play on the river because there are not many A's in his range that could call you on the river(if he's a good player) because he would raise himself you on the flop or the turn with 2 pair type of hands. Same goes for sets etc. If he's an unknown or fishy you should rather bet out the river yourself.
      +1
      You can sometimes go there c/rai, although betting a little more on the flop, turn and then putting him all-in on the river is likely better line.